XR4150 or MT352?

/ XR4150 or MT352? #11  
You mean with the engine running? Doesnt the pto have neutral with the engine off?
No. even withthe engine off you still cannot turn the pto freely without the disengagement lever. I have this on my mahindra 2538 and it makes life much easier,

/ XR4150 or MT352? #12  
The PTO on most of these tractors have a spring actuated PTO brake, so not much can be done to rotate the shaft, unless it has a lever to either choose between different PTO speeds with a Neutral position or a lever to choose between mid or rear PTO.

/ XR4150 or MT352?
The PTO on most of these tractors have a spring actuated PTO brake, so not much can be done to rotate the shaft, unless it has a lever to either choose between different PTO speeds with a Neutral position or a lever to choose between mid or rear PTO.

THe new Mt has a few options the xr did not have , the main one being able to put the pto in neutral making it much easier to hook up a pto shaft.MY freind has the xr 4140 and loves it but wishes it had the neutral, He has arthritis and it is hard for him to connect shafts
This is something I would not have thought to check.

Hard? I think it would become a monumental task aligning the splines.

Last edited:
   / XR4150 or MT352? #14  
The MT also has a larger hydro than the XR

/ XR4150 or MT352? #15  
I was faced with this decision and ended up choosing the MT352HC. I had gone into the dealer thinking I would be buying the XR and I did not have much knowledge on the MT. When I got there, he had an MT352 that just arrived that week. Comparing them side by side, the 2 extra HP, the additional features mentioned above, an extra set of remotes and a heavier 3PT system. I'd have to look it up, but the cost difference was minor for the extra items in the model for me.

/ XR4150 or MT352? #16  
Congrats & enjoy your new MT. My smaller MT has done a ton more work than I thought it could and still loving it.