XR4150 or MT352?

/ XR4150 or MT352? #1  

ddbackhoe

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK5310SE HSTC
Time to get something new for the farm and LS is an attractive machine and price. Dealer has a XR4150 and MT352 available Both with hydrostatic and cab. I like the looks and visibility on the XR a little better, but didn’t LS drop the XR line in favor of the MT?

/ XR4150 or MT352? #2  
Ithink the MT is the new model XR kind of

/ XR4150 or MT352? #3  
in other words. There is not enough improvement from my XR4150 for me to want an MT352.

/ XR4150 or MT352? #4  
THe new Mt has a few options the xr did not have , the main one being able to put the pto in neutral making it much easier to hook up a pto shaft.MY freind has the xr 4140 and loves it but wishes it had the neutral, He has arthritis and it is hard for him to connect shafts

/ XR4150 or MT352? #5  
THe new Mt has a few options the xr did not have , the main one being able to put the pto in neutral making it much easier to hook up a pto shaft.MY freind has the xr 4140 and loves it but wishes it had the neutral, He has arthritis and it is hard for him to connect shafts
arthritis makes it hard to do a lot of ****.

/ XR4150 or MT352?
You mean with the engine running? Doesnt the pto have neutral with the engine off?

/ XR4150 or MT352? #7  
As stated above, the MT is the newer model of the XR. When they came out, I was excited and considered trading mine in. The finance department thought otherwise and squashed my hopes of upgrading.
The MT has several improvements over the XR. The neutral PTO is one. It also has the linked throttle, which will rev up the engine as you apply pressure on the hydrostat. The FEL is different, and, from what I hear, has eliminated the dreaded floppy bucket syndrome. Thats just to name a few.

If I were you, I'd spring for the MT. That is unless your dealer is willing to drop the price of the XR significantly. I'm very happy with my XR, but wish it had the features of the MT.

/ XR4150 or MT352?
As stated above, the MT is the newer model of the XR. When they came out, I was excited and considered trading mine in. The finance department thought otherwise and squashed my hopes of upgrading.
The MT has several improvements over the XR. The neutral PTO is one. It also has the linked throttle, which will rev up the engine as you apply pressure on the hydrostat. The FEL is different, and, from what I hear, has eliminated the dreaded floppy bucket syndrome. Thats just to name a few.

If I were you, I'd spring for the MT. That is unless your dealer is willing to drop the price of the XR significantly. I'm very happy with my XR, but wish it had the features of the MT.
29.5 vs. 35.5 sticker prices

/ XR4150 or MT352? #9  
It's obviously your decision, but I'd spring for it. I paid around that for my XR, and, I'm happy with it, but I could be happier.