Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #671  
Well, I just heard on Fox radio news that rolls of flat steel is dropping price precipitously due to the strike

Thank you UAW, while you cripple your own companies, the manufacturers I buy from are saving money.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #672  
GM is shaping up to be the hardest hit by the UAW strike

I thought the end was insight but Mack decided to walk. With the cost of ICE vehicles increasing even more going forward as does GM EV cost things may get interesting.

The strike mostly likely will give grounds to go for bankruptcy to negate the strike financial impact and and perhaps government bail out funds.

/ Will UAW Strike? #673  
GM is shaping up to be the hardest hit by the UAW strike

I thought the end was insight but Mack decided to walk. With the cost of ICE vehicles increasing even more going forward as does GM EV cost things may get interesting.

The strike mostly likely will give grounds to go for bankruptcy to negate the strike financial impact and and perhaps government bail out funds.

The guy has been demonized by many, but he definitely broke the established pattern bargaining cycle that I've heard about my entire adult life. It appears to be a strategy that has a galvanizing effect on worker's at all manufacturers. Maybe solidarity isn't just a word from union history after all.

Hopefully these companies can find ways to engineer vehicles that will meet consumer needs and produce the sales volume necessary to support both sides of the table after the dust settles. I'm thinking that if everyone at these companies, from the top on down, would devote themselves to building quality, affordable products they will be just fine. There has to millions of customers like me that wish for something more utilitarian than current products that sells for less than an average person's annual salary. Maybe it's time for a Model T-squared?

/ Will UAW Strike? #674  
There has to millions of customers like me that wish for something more utilitarian than current products that sells for less than an average person's annual salary.

The Ford Maverick ... except supply can't keep up with demand.

1696883117507.png

/ Will UAW Strike? #676  
So, except the increase in fuel economy, and simple back up camera, I dont see much offered above what my 2005 chevy had, that I care about in most vehicles.

/ Will UAW Strike? #677  
There has to millions of customers like me that wish for something more utilitarian than current products that sells for less than an average person's annual salary.

The Ford Maverick ... except supply can't keep up with demand.

View attachment 826135
Lots of jack for a toy truck. Go buy yourself a Toyota. I bet it's built better.

/ Will UAW Strike? #678  
It's perfect for suburban warriors. ;)

/ Will UAW Strike? #679  
Or soccer moms or grocery store moms as well. Out here, that would never work and everyone I've seen, they are all painted some pukey color.

/ Will UAW Strike? #680  
They sell like hotcakes!