will not go into foward gear

/ will not go into foward gear #1  

bigbosee

I have a 2009 McCormick CT36 with manual transmission . all of a sudden it will not go into foward gear,reverse is fine but neutral is also reverse. Any
suggestions?

/ will not go into foward gear #2  
I have a 2009 McCormick CT36 with manual transmission . all of a sudden it will not go into foward gear,reverse is fine but neutral is also reverse. Any
suggestions?

Check the obvious. Is the parking brake released? Check the linkage. Reverse might be gear low enough to overcome the friction but forward gear will stall the engine.
Is it a shuttle shift?

/ will not go into foward gear
well I found out a few items.There is a pin on the foward.neutral ,reverse
lever shaft that can break if too much thrusting on leaver.That means
she will not go in gear.Unfortunatly,that is not my problem.Mine is more serious and turned out to be internal in the transmission.Judging on my location I could have sent the tractor on a 180 mile one way ride to Northern Conn or 35 miles away to a New Holland /John Deer dealer.I choose the latter and it turns out that the Korean transmission in a
McCormick CT36 is identical with the New HollandBoomer transmission.Both are made in Korea. I am amazed what MUTTS these tractors are.McCormick
CT tractors are the same as LS tractors with changeable parts. Anyway I put
a claim in with Ebay against the seller in Oakboro,NC and I can only wait. I quess this is international construction at its best.

/ will not go into foward gear
quick update,The tractor is still in shop awaiting parts(1 month), the final bill said to be 3,400.00 dollars . Ebay's buyers protection plan is going to cover 3,200.00 dollars leaving me with 200.00 to pay. Not bad for Ebay!