Who makes Super UDT?

/ Who makes Super UDT? #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I decided to switch over to Super UDT at the 200 hour oil change. Wow! Was that expensive!! The Super UDT is an interesting oil - slightly lighter weight but it definitely foams more easily than what I drained out. Both oils are very clear.

But the high price started me to wondering who makes the UDT and Super UDT? I doubt it is shipped over from Japan, but maybe. If not, is it made in the US by some oil company to Kubota specs? Does anyone know who actually makes it?
thanks, rScotty

/ Who makes Super UDT? #2  
I seem to remember a forum in which someone said it was made by Ashland, but my memory is often sketchy at best. After price checking, I think I will go with something else. I have done so in the past.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #3  
I did not really worry about the cost vs what it does for my Kubota, and I am not a wealthy man. If I was running a fleet then I would be looking for equal to.
Craig Clayton

/ Who makes Super UDT? #4  
same here, I don't have money to throw away, but it would be nice to know who actually makes it for kubota. I can't even find concrete evidence as for who makes it.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #5  
Me either, I tried searching through Bing and ran out of possible keyword combinations. When discussing oils it is pretty easy to see a significant escalation of emotions.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #6  
Being that I am "work..." it hit me that there has to be a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for it to be transported. There has to be a reference number posted when trucks load and ship it.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #7  
Being that I am "work..." it hit me that there has to be a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for it to be transported. There has to be a reference number posted when trucks load and ship it.

Thanks to elcid- I found the MSDS on kubota website.
http://www.kubota.com/f/safety/msds/KubotaSuperUDT-1-5Gal.pdf

Triple R is right, its made by Ashland with a mailing address in Columbus, OH.

On a interesting side note- as per messicks website SUDT is FULLY interchangeable with UDT.
Kubota UDT/SuperUDT Specifications

/ Who makes Super UDT? #8  
Impressive everyone. :thumbsup:

/ Who makes Super UDT? #9  
Thanks to elcid- I found the MSDS on kubota website.
http://www.kubota.com/f/safety/msds/KubotaSuperUDT-1-5Gal.pdf

Triple R is right, its made by Ashland with a mailing address in Columbus, OH.

On a interesting side note- as per messicks website SUDT is FULLY interchangeable with UDT.
Kubota UDT/SuperUDT Specifications
SUDT is interchangable meaning SUDT can be used instead of UDT but it doesn't say the same about UDT being able to be used where SUDT is called for as I read it Just making that a bit more clear or foggy depending on how you want to interpret it..

/ Who makes Super UDT? #10  
SUDT is interchangable meaning SUDT can be used instead of UDT but it doesn't say the same about UDT being able to be used where SUDT is called for as I read it Just making that a bit more clear or foggy depending on how you want to interpret it..

We recently checked with my wife's cousin who owns her dad's old business which is a bulk propane, gas, diesel etc. distributor for farm/home/business and he has a reference chart showing the oils that are interchangeable with SUDT, s there are some. I don't mean to get into a debate on oils as it never ends well, just offering information.