Who makes Super UDT?

/ Who makes Super UDT? #11  
We recently checked with my wife's cousin who owns her dad's old business which is a bulk propane, gas, diesel etc. distributor for farm/home/business and he has a reference chart showing the oils that are interchangeable with SUDT, s there are some. I don't mean to get into a debate on oils as it never ends well, just offering information.

Please share the list :)

/ Who makes Super UDT? #12  
Even if you know who makes it that doesn't mean they sell the same thing under some other name. I agree it is expensive per gallon but so many have reported unsatisfactory results with something else, trying to save a dollar, that I'm not gonna chance it. I'm just glad I don't have to change it as often as engine oil!

/ Who makes Super UDT? #13  
I once bought a 5 gallon bucket of oil, needed it in a pinch, for my Case BH. The name on the label had worn off but when I was reading the back it said it was interchangeable with SUDT. I have no clue where I bought it or if it was just UDT that could be mixed with SUDT. Everywhere I go I now look to see if I can find the same oil to find out if it was synthetic or not. My best guess is I got it at a NAPA.

I thought I remember reading years ago here that Chevron makes a product that's interchangeable with SUDT.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #14  
   / Who makes Super UDT? #15  
I seem to recall a section on Messicks website about SUDT performance vs UDT.Texas Refinery Corp has a hydraulic fluid that meets SUDT specs.I pony up the extra money for SUDT for my usage.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #16  
SUDT can replace UDT, but UDT CAN NOT Replace SUDT. I've not seen any replacment for SUDT myself, I know Kubota took one company to court who was labing a product as such but in reality is did not even meet UDT spec. They maybe out there... who knows.

One caution with the newer models, the service intervals are stretched out because they require SUDT only. It the past most models said you can use either oil but had shorter service intervals. Subing a generic hydraulic fluid is probably fine if your changing often, but if your doing the HST every 500 (or 1000) hours like you can on some later models I'd really discourage anything but SUDT.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #17  
SUDT can replace UDT, but UDT CAN NOT Replace SUDT. I've not seen any replacment for SUDT myself, I know Kubota took one company to court who was labing a product as such but in reality is did not even meet UDT spec. They maybe out there... who knows.

One caution with the newer models, the service intervals are stretched out because they require SUDT only. It the past most models said you can use either oil but had shorter service intervals. Subing a generic hydraulic fluid is probably fine if your changing often, but if your doing the HST every 500 (or 1000) hours like you can on some later models I'd really discourage anything but SUDT.

Makes sense, I sure wish all dealers were on the same page as I have been informed by two Kubota dealers that non Kubota oil was the same as SUDT. One handles NH and Kubota while the other handles Case and Kubota. Not surprisingly, one recommended Case oil and the other NH.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #18  
My WSM shows me all the approved brands/types I can use in my old school B8200. Under "Kubota brand" (which we all know Kubota does not refine it's own oil), it's 10w20 UDT. However, for Shell its Donax TD or TX (which I know from cranes we use it in, its just tractor 10w30 transmission oil). There were more companys too. I'm highly doubting there is much difference since there are only soooo many oil refineries.

Like ARCO mentioned earlier. They have been gone for a decade or so, and bought out by Polar Tankers, which is owned by Conoco 66. Point is, you won't believe how many Oil "manufacturers" there are that are really just the same thing with a different wrapper. ASTM ratings or the manufacturers specific ratings are really all that matters. And if you notice, Kubota didn't even have a alpha numeric designation as most tractor companies do. Like my old Mercedes was Mercedes 228.3. Kubota just says "Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid".

/ Who makes Super UDT? #19  
Hey man- we've got about the same tractor, except mine has a Bush Hog loader... been a great machine, never let me down. I sprang for some chains last year, after we got 46+" of heavy, wet snow here in Merryland. Something that weighs about 6 times a much would have been better, but it usually works fine. I don't know when mine was made, I guessed about 87' based on the S/N when I checked. Did you add power steering, or did it come with it. I was lucky and found a Kubota kit (made in US of A) when I learned it needed PS.

/ Who makes Super UDT? #20  
I tried to get some SUDT from my Kubota dealer yesterday and they didn't have any! They said that they use some Ambra fluid that's "just as good." I guess I'm going to have to order a 5 gallon bucket from Messicks today. Hopefully shipping doesn't kill me. (Or the bucket!)