Which oil is better??

/ Which oil is better?? #71  
You wouldn't happen to be a dealer or have some other financial connection to them would you? Sure sounds like it.
Nope. I just like quality products, and they produce a quality product. My vehicle , tractor, UAO's along with the performance of my two cycle equipment is proof enough for me.
I don't buy junk equipment, and I don't use junk oil to keep that equipment running

I trust their 100:1 mix two cycle oil in my $1000.00 saw and it still runs like new..

Other oils I used (like my ex financial advisor 🤣) wasn't performing well enough for me.
So, I fired them

But hey, If what you been doing is working for ya. Just keep on doing what you doing !

/ Which oil is better?? #72  
lol why is it you can always tell a amsoil dealer from 5 miles away? I have used supertech including their 2 cycle oil for the last 20 years, in prolly over 50 engines at this point. 0 of them have had issue. including my crap chainsaws that i run for hours at a time.

use what you want, when was the last time you heard of a engine failure for someone who DID change their oil? I have NEVER. Enjoy the amsoil.

I also use Fram oil filters when the supertech ones are out of stock...

Last edited:
   / Which oil is better?? #73  
I use Amsoil in everything that I own too. Why, because I couldn't keep up-to-date on my oil changes, had to do them every 3 weeks, and then I heard about Amsoil way back in the early '90s. What, 25k miles between changes? Can't be!! So I tried Amsoil and went to oil changes every three months instead. When I hit the three months but was too busy I just drove on until the next weekend. I did that for years and many trucks, all Toyota 4x4s in my veterinary work, and never had any issues with engines or the manual transmissions, most beyond 550k. No oil at that time could even come close. Lotsa brake pads/shoes and the odd wheel bearing or U-joint. I wouldn't buy a new truck until I had the cash for one, the co paid us mileage, but was it the Amsoil or the toyota brand or both? I didn't care the reason. My partners never had the cash for a new one driving the domestic trucks though. Their trucks couldn't last long enough... Most Oils are better now than they were back then, but Amsoil was the leader that everyone followed. No one can deny that fact!! Even though I'm retired now, I can't change brands of Oil or Trucks...LOL. Fram filters? Yah, never. After many farmers years ago lost combine engines due to the plastic Fram inards melting and plugging oil passages in those hot hard working engines, they got starved of oil and seized up. Farmers don't forget bad chit too easily....

Last edited:
   / Which oil is better?? #74  
lol why is it you can always tell a amsoil dealer from 5 miles away? I have used supertech including their 2 cycle oil for the last 20 years
Do you know an Amsoil dealer ? I have stated I'm not an Amsoil dealer, nor do I own any Amsoil stock. I just chose to use quality products.
Do you know of an Amsoil dealer on this site ?

I don't know where I've tried to sell anyone anything to be thought of as an Amsoil dealer.
I'm just stating they have quality products as tested through oil analysis .

If you choose to use inferior products and they work for ya, keep using them.
But to think supertech is equal in quality to Amsoil, you're kidding yourself, just plain ignorant, or both.

/ Which oil is better?? #75  
I'm not sure what the point is regarding what oil is best because you are comparing paper specs. The real answer is to put the various branded engine oil blends in a diesel, work that diesel for say 10,000 hours staying with the same brand on each oil change, pull the engines apart, and measure wear. Report that versus the cost of oil to run the engine for 10,000 hours. I doubt there will be much of a measurable difference in wear but the cost to operate will be an eye-opener.

Maybe the purpose is to have a debate topic over your morning coffee. If that is the case, arguing about the torque between diesel HD pick-ups is more fun and makes less sense.

/ Which oil is better?? #76  
yeah, If you use the cheap oil. My vehicle requires xxx oil change. Many people extend their oil changes with a quality premium oil
What is your price threshhold of cheap oil? And what does a qt of Amsoil oil cost?

I have never and probably will never buy Amsoil. I'm sure it's good oil but so is Mobil 1 and Rotella T6 which I can get almost anywhere.

/ Which oil is better?? #77  
What is your price threshhold of cheap oil? And what does a qt of Amsoil oil cost?

I have never and probably will never buy Amsoil. I'm sure it's good oil but so is Mobil 1 and Rotella T6 which I can get almost anywhere.
I'm not really referring to price per say. You can get an good synthetic for $4-$5 per qt but you aren't going to get a quality synthetic for $4.-$5 per qt.

Example: the higher an oil's total base number, the better it's ability to neutralize contaminants such as combustion byproducts and acid.
An oil having a TBN of 12.5 (Amsoil) is better protection than an oil having a TBN of 6.5.(supertech)

If good is good enough for ya, keep doing what you doing.
I not losing anything by you (or anyone) using supertech !

/ Which oil is better?? #78  
So here is my thing, and I'm done, maybe the oil is better, maybe its 10x better then supertech, but if the rest of the car/item falls apart around the engine, ultimately it doesn't really matter in the end. I am not going to pull the motor and put it in something else, so why am I spending hundreds to thousands extra through the life time of the equipment, when at the end of the day, the frame or something else is what makes me junk or throw out said item. Again, 0 engine failures in 20 years.

case in point my wifes car is over 200k in miles, the frame and the tranny are going very soon. engine runs as good as the day we bought it. so am i going to pull the engine and put it in something else? no its going to the junk yard to prolly get shredded.

/ Which oil is better?? #79  
I only use Extra Virgin Olive oil in my machines. I fill all my tires with argon and only eat sunflower seeds.

/ Which oil is better?? #80  
I'm not sure what the point is regarding what oil is best because you are comparing paper specs. The real answer is to put the various branded engine oil blends in a diesel, work that diesel for say 10,000 hours staying with the same brand on each oil change, pull the engines apart, and measure wear. Report that versus the cost of oil to run the engine for 10,000 hours. I doubt there will be much of a measurable difference in wear but the cost to operate will be an eye-opener.

Maybe the purpose is to have a debate topic over your morning coffee. If that is the case, arguing about the torque between diesel HD pick-ups is more fun and makes less sense.

But Bob, I just love listening to a guy who is dead set he know it all and can prove it because he keeps telling his audience he has a 1000 dollar chain saw he uses the product in! And....has to respond to every comment.