Which oil is better??

/ Which oil is better?? #31  
I put 251,500 miles on a Buick using Wal-mart synthetic changed every 10,000. Engine was the best part of the car when I sold it. Rusting out everywhere, rear brakes didn't work, headlight switch didn't work. But the engine ran perfectly. I used whatever generic filters were available at Wal-mart too. :)

/ Which oil is better?? #32  
   / Which oil is better?? #33  
I'm with you. I'll use whatever oil's on sale, and rust has claimed every vehicle I've owned way before any sort of engine trouble. Maybe severe usage might warrant an upgrade but how many of us qualify for that? No way no how am I gonna go 25k on an oil change, no matter how good some premium oil brand claims it is. As someone else noted, IMHO the likelihood of collecting from them on engine damage is nil.

Not sure I'm following this. Why would I want to mix 100:1 in the first place? A 40 or 50:1 mix only uses a couple oz 2 stroke oil per gallon that even a quart will last a long time. Even if I was a professional logger I don't see the economy here, you're saving pocket change at best and I'm a bit skeptical that you're doing the engine any good by doing so.
yes, with an inferior oil, you have to mix 50:1.
A better oil allows you to mix @100:1 and offer better lubrication doing so.

But hey, I use premium synthetic in everything I own anyway.

Just do what ever works for ya !

Same as benefitting from extended oil changes

Last edited:
   / Which oil is better?? #34  
Huh? What does this have to do with this thread of 4-stroke engine oil?
And 100:1? What takes that?
I do use wal-mart 2 stroke oil in my 50:1 chain saw and it works fine.
What am i missing bub?
I don't know, ask others that responded about using 2 stroke oil

any engine will operate great @100:1 with a good synthetic 2 cycle oil

guess that's what you're missing.... BUB

/ Which oil is better?? #35  
I think that it was Nick's garage said that Amsoil
and wally world synthetic oil are about the same
so why spend the extra money for Amsoil???

willy
VOA will prove you very wrong !

/ Which oil is better?? #36  
yes, with an inferior oil, you have to mix 50:1.
A better oil allows you to mix @100:1 and offer better lubrication doing so.

But hey, I use premium synthetic in everything I own anyway.

Just do what ever works for ya !

Same as benefitting from extended oil changes
Whatever. It’s more concentrated that’s all. Makes twice as much, costs 3 times the price. As for premium synthetic, I use the same: Rotella T6. A premium synthetic that is comparable to Amsoil, but costs less.

/ Which oil is better?? #37  
Whatever. It’s more concentrated that’s all.
If that's what you think makes an oil better, then, nothing more needs to be said 🤣 😂

/ Which oil is better?? #38  
If that's what you think makes an oil better, then, nothing more needs to be said 🤣 😂
For years, we have used 2 cycle oil in boats, chainsaws, etc… I have never seen a logger use Amsoil in chain saw fuel. In fact, I have never seen anyone use it, yet somehow this equipment lasts for years. Amsoil is simply one of the first synthetic oils. Now every brand sells them and Amsoil is nothing special, just more expensive.

/ Which oil is better?? #39  
For years, we have used 2 cycle oil in boats, chainsaws, etc… I have never seen a logger use Amsoil in chain saw fuel. In fact, I have never seen anyone use it, yet somehow this equipment lasts for years. Amsoil is simply one of the first synthetic oils. Now every brand sells them and Amsoil is nothing special, just more expensive.
Ok, If that's what you believe.
You really should educate yourself on the different synthetics brands, how they are processed, etc,.
They aren't all created equal as you believe ;)

Not much else to discuss about the matter.

Last edited:
   / Which oil is better?? #40  
Ok, If that's what you believe.
You really should educate yourself on the different synthetics brands, how they are processed, etc,.
They aren't all created equal as you believe ;)

Not much else to discuss about the matter.
You Amsoil fanatics are always comical. It’s like a club or religion with you guys. I’ll stick with what the engineers who design the engines recommend. Any oil that meets their specs is good.