which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91

/ which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91 #1  

mooch

I will be getting a new mini exc. I have been renting an exc 2-3 times per year for a while and am ready to buy. My main projects are ditches, digging trenches for water lines and drainage (in pasture for cattle). I also cut firewood. I usually have polewood delivered and plan to have a hyd thumb on either machine. I dont want to spend the extra money if I would never notice the difference but dont want to regret it in the future. Is there anything I want to do that the 91 would be too big for? Could I pick up a 20 foot oak log to cut with the 71? I had initially looked at the u15 but boy did it seem small for what I want to do.

/ which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91 #2  
Look into Cat 304CR.

I did allot of stump pulling, grading and clearing. This guy really surprice me how reliable, strong & cheap to operate. Consume very little diesel, actually my BX2660 use more diesel. Having a cab is a nice protection to have from the elements and unintended things you do not want.

XR

/ which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91 #3  
Hands down best Mini's on the market today are the "M" sereis by Bobcat........Try all the oterhs first and then go try a Bobcat.........You can thank the many of us happy owners later

/ which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91 #4  
I love my Komatsu pc-35. I have a hydraulic thumb and a rock hound mulcher.
It is my favorite machine. Has a yanamar engine. No issues. I did add a battery disconnect because it has Komtrax tracker that will run it down if it sits 3 weeks.

/ which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91 #5  
I think my pc 35 is comparable to the 71 you are looking at.
The only time I wanted a little larger machine was digging out 20" and larger stumps. It just took an extra 15 minutes.

What I know for sure is that you are on the right road with a mini ex instead of tractor backhoe.

You will use it for so much more than you realize.

/ which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91 #6  
Could I pick up a 20 foot oak log to cut with the 71? [\QUOTE]

A 18" x 20 ft. Oak is about 2300 lbs. I'm not sure how to figure lift capacity based on breakout force. But, that's close to 1/3 the operating weight so IMO, it'll probably be very tippy.

/ which mini exc? kx71 vs kx 91 #7  
No diameter of the log makes a difference. I'd say yes normally. Both are great machines and having operated both I perfer the 91 for it's abilites. It is hard to beat Kubotas here as they have a lot of experience. It also is hard to find good comparisons of machinery as far as I'm concerned, conditiions change from day to day and lot to lot!
With selling two makes of excavators the Kubota keeps coming out on top even when they are out spec'd! We have even been flow rating them to double check!