Wheel barrow tires?

/ Wheel barrow tires? #11  
Friends don't let friends have wheel barrows.

Best thing I did was give mine away a dozen years ago.

That's like having a manual post hole digger.

Must be avoided at all costs.
My wife has 2 wheelbarrows I have 2 tractors sounds fair to me :)

/ Wheel barrow tires? #12  
I bought 6 solid tires for 6 wheel barrows. Eliminated that headache. One still has a boat trailer tire on it, but it's so stiff it is never flat. It's very old. I think it was made around 1930. All steel except for the rubber tire.

You can put a tube in those tires. Be sure to put a few rounds of duct tape around the inside of rim in the center for a liner. A tubeless wheel barrow wheel is crappy useless. Plus the tires are thin, crack and leak. Riding mower has tubes. Used to have flat tires all the time. Haven't touched a tire in over 5 years on the mower. On other things I made wheels out of large pipe sections. 20" pipe wheels on my cutting torch cart. Never have flats on that. I love eliminating potential headaches. I have not had a headache in decades. Not taken an aspirin. Sleep well every night.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #13  
Some folks here do not own a compact tractor so a wheelbarrow is a necessity. We of cosure we use a 6x6 as one now and then.
I have a compact tractor and 3 wheelbarrows. Use the right tool for the job.
As far as replacement tires/wheels go, I've had the best experience with Tractor Supply ones.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #14  
I still find the wheelbarrow (it is now 60 YO) a handy tool. With lots of Osage Orange around my place the thorns kept my air filled tires a flat. I tried inner tubes for awhile, but finally settled for the solid tire....and yes....the ride isn't as smooth as the air filled especially on rogh surfaces. BTW it has new handles and some welded seams from much wear..plus a paint job.... Us old Irish geezers grew up with wheelbarrows pushing uphill...riding downhill ...thru mud...heat...snow...carrying rock, coal, concrete and our little kids for fun.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Wheel barrow tires? #15  
I use solid tires from HF on my one wheelbarrow. It is rarely used and during the summer just holds my pool cover.

For everything else I use a gorilla cart and can hook it to my lawn tractor or scut to drag around tools or just pick up sticks.
That has air filled tires and is about 7 years olds and still going strong, hauling the smaller stuff so I don't need to drag the tractor out or bringing garbage bags down to the cans. I use the gorilla cart several days a week. Mulch, plants etc.

Wheelbarrows are good for cement and lifting from the front, something the gorilla cart is not good at, everything else goes in the cart.

What does everyone else use wheelbarrows for that a 4 wheel cart can't do better?

/ Wheel barrow tires? #16  
Wheelbarrows are better on narrow paths and hillsides. I have two wheelbarrows and two carts. The wheelbarrows get used much more.

Bruce

/ Wheel barrow tires? #18  
Firstly, What's a wheelbarrow? ;)

Second, what's a pneumatic tire on a cart/wheelbarrow/wagon?

Replaced both my lawn carts 2/4 wheel with solid tires and will never go back to wondering if the tires need pumped or not. Little pricey but worth it.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #19  
Ya, folks that say 4 wheels are better, might not have hills?
I have hills, and that's why I never use a wheelbarrow. An antique one came with property, 100% iron, and weighed north of 150lbs, empty.

The tractor does 30 degree side slopes, is articulated, and has about a six foot reach out to the end of the bucket lip to dribble compost into the garden beds, or wood chips over fences.

I never miss having a wheelbarrow. Ever.

YMMV...

All the best,

Peter

/ Wheel barrow tires? #20  
Couple years ago replace wheel tire,went TSC got tire and tube at good price yet to add air.