Wheel barrow tires?

/ Wheel barrow tires? #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
Long story, need some new tires for the wheel barrow (ran Saturday to harbor freight and they may or may not work, been raining to hard to mount them).

Made me look at a no flat wheel barrow at a box store yesterday. Thing is, wheels are air filled, and only come with a 90 day warranty. Sorry, doesn't make any sense to me to give 90 days on a no flat tire.

What did you do when you replaced the tire (type / cost) and how did it work out?

If the ones from harbor freight don't work out, will look at less expensive air filled tires and hopefully get another 5 years out of them. Will admit, the last one with plastic barrow with metal arms and frame has held up a lot better than the ones in the past over the years.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #2  
I recently replacer the air-original tires on my wheelbarrow with $45 foam filled replacements from Lowes. Replacements included rims and bearings, not just the foamed tire.

I can't be bothered to pump up air filled tires on my wheelbarrow six times per year when I want to use it.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #3  
I purchased a solid tire/wheel from HF for an old garden wheelbarrow… it was a cheap solution to keep the thing going…

I then purchased a Gorilla brand, ”contractor” wheelbarrow from HD…the big wheelbarrow has an air-filled tire…

Running them both around our property was an eye-opener… smaller wheelbarrow with the solid tire, even with a lighter load, is more difficult to push through rocky, lumpy or soft soil…

OTOH… the solid tire is better on concrete…

Choose your poison…

/ Wheel barrow tires? #4  
Wheelbarrow tires are notorious for always being flat when you want to use it. I always replace mine with the solid tires to avoid the continual frustration of a flat tire.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #5  
I just replaced mine with Carlisle sport trail tires $46. for 2 from wally world. I did another wheelbarrow years ago no problems yet . The wheelbarrow tire are crap very thin and crack in a short time.
Robot or human?

/ Wheel barrow tires? #6  
I love foam filled tires because you don't need to re-air them. I hate foam filled tire because the roll like rocks. Too stiff.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #7  
I have no idea why wheel barrow tires are always flat. It's not like they get a ton of work. Nor do they have a nail hole or they would go flat all at once. But that isn't what happens. If I air it, it is good for a day or two or longer.

A whole new tire, tube, wheel and bearings are so cheap that I started keeping a spare around - actually, several since we have a selection of wheel barrows.

I'd rather air it up than push a solid wheel through dirt. Actually, I don't push a wheel barrow much - my wife does more of that because she likes to use one for chores.

Years ago I built a version of a Garden Way cart...remember those? With bicycle tires?

I prefer the tractor.......

rScotty

/ Wheel barrow tires? #8  
Friends don't let friends have wheel barrows.

Best thing I did was give mine away a dozen years ago.

That's like having a manual post hole digger.

Must be avoided at all costs.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #9  
I bought our wheelbarrow when we moved down from Alaska. So...its 41 years old. It's never needed a new tire. About every five years or so - I pump up the existing tire. It's had a rough life. Always stored out in the sun. Never been repainted.

The only damage - the time the local porcupine choose to chew on the ends of the handles. Little damage but its still visible. It's been used to haul everything from sand to concrete.

It's favorite load - cow turds. Custom selected from the neighbors many fields.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #10  
Some folks here do not own a compact tractor so a wheelbarrow is a necessity. We of cosure we use a 6x6 as one now and then.