Wheel barrow tires?

/ Wheel barrow tires? #21  
Wheelbarrows are good for cement and lifting from the front, something the gorilla cart is not good at, everything else goes in the cart.

What does everyone else use wheelbarrows for that a 4 wheel cart can't do better?
I had to Google gorilla cart, never heard of it before. Seems they make several styles...I assume you're talking strictly about a 4 wheeled one?
As for one vs the other, I've never had a 4 wheeled cart so I can't compare, but it would seem that a regular wheelbarrow would push easier (less ground friction), as well as being more maneuverable.
I have hills, and that's why I never use a wheelbarrow. An antique one came with property, 100% iron, and weighed north of 150lbs, empty.
Yeah, one of those came with my first house too. Don't think mine weighed that much, but it was heavy, and that steel tire was useless on soft ground. You got a good workout using it!!
Still, it was one less thing I had to buy right away. Left it there for the next owner when I moved. :ROFLMAO:

/ Wheel barrow tires? #22  
I love my wheelbarrow. I takes 2 seconds to pump the little tire if it goes flat. I would like a hybrid tire that doesn't need air but has some give.

There are places I don't want to put my tractor in small spaces near the house. I can load my barrow with my FEL now!

Manual phd have their place, too. :)

/ Wheel barrow tires? #23  
Yep, I've drilled many a hole with my auger type PHD. If I had more than "many", I'd probably get a powered one.:giggle:
It is kept sharp, didn't cost much, is stored away easily and is ready to go for small jobs.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Wheel barrow tires? #24  
stopped using a wheel barrow when I bought a tractor . So, I'm sure mine is flat :LOL:

/ Wheel barrow tires? #25  
A wheelbarrow is how the wood moves from the wood shed to the garage, then I feed the wood stove out of the wheelbarrow. I have two, both with foam filled tires.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #26  
Long story, need some new tires for the wheel barrow (ran Saturday to harbor freight and they may or may not work, been raining to hard to mount them).

Made me look at a no flat wheel barrow at a box store yesterday. Thing is, wheels are air filled, and only come with a 90 day warranty. Sorry, doesn't make any sense to me to give 90 days on a no flat tire.

What did you do when you replaced the tire (type / cost) and how did it work out?

If the ones from harbor freight don't work out, will look at less expensive air filled tires and hopefully get another 5 years out of them. Will admit, the last one with plastic barrow with metal arms and frame has held up a lot better than the ones in the past over the years.
Okay, so I know this is "expensive" but I have owned one of these 15years with ZERO issues. I could not live without this. The tires are solid, and I can carry very heavy loads. Only need one hand to pull. Even in Texas with the heat / sun there have been no issues with cracking or anything. So just my two cents on one of the "rare" products I have found that are a great design and have lasted.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #27  
What did you do when you replaced the tire (type / cost) and how did it work out?
I was always adding air to my wheelbarrow and utility cart tires. Instead of replacing them, I started using this stuff:

81UyzS-OYUL._SL1500_.jpg

I've used it on my bicycle tires for years with good results. Once I started using it on my pneumatic utility tires, I haven't had to add air for two seasons.

It's also available in smaller sizes:

Last edited:
   / Wheel barrow tires? #28  
Have a garden hose cart, tires always flat, put air in one tire, blew the tire and bent the aluminum rim. Hand truck dolly tires always flat. Wheelbarrow tire always flat. Now all have airless tires, no more problems.

I don't use my wheelbarrow enough to tell the difference between air and airless.

/ Wheel barrow tires? #29  
My heavy plastic tubbed wheelbarrow (Agrifab?)is about 32 years old and I replaced the tube once. When new, I did install quality bearings and axle instead of the cheap originals. I do like the soft feel of the air tire and I only have to fill with air a couple times a year. Just lucky I guess. :unsure:

/ Wheel barrow tires?
Thanks for all the replies guys, it's much appreciated.

Lots of options.

Here I thought I was the only one having to fill up the tires every so ofter for the wheelbarrow. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

I'll need to run everything by the boss. She's the one who uses it the mostly for the garden. Generally I just use my RTV, AKA my 98 Toyota truck that sits under the shed :ROFLMAO: