What water bottle do you have?

/ What water bottle do you have? #41  
I have used bike bottles for years of bike riding long distance. But they all film up over their time. So I have basically switched to 20oz Pepsi bottles. Can't fill with ice, but can freeze some water in them ahead of time. Old wool socks help keep them cooler and can be pulled over the tops to keep the bike bottles cleaner. Pepsi bottles can be recycled when done using them. Jon

/ What water bottle do you have? #42  
Just saying but if one is fairly young, planning to live long and/or planning on having kids I would vouch against reusing plastic bottles that are meant for single used. They deteriorate leaching out chemicals and affect male organs.

/ What water bottle do you have? #43  
Guess I never heard that. Wonder if the Pepsi bottles are any different from the flimsy bought water bottles. Jon

/ What water bottle do you have? #44  
Guess I never heard that. Wonder if the Pepsi bottles are any different from the flimsy bought water bottles. Jon
Perhaps, but it's the same material just different thickness, to be clear the more they are used the worse it gets, the more extreme the temperture it's expose to, worse it gets, the more it is expose to sunlight, the worse it gets, the more they get squish and flexed the worse it gets. On a pinch once in a while it's what ever but if one reused them all the time some complication can happen over the years, I certainly wouldn't let my kids reused them.

1714413792016.png

1714413814047.png

Last edited:
   / What water bottle do you have?
I don't mind it, sure tastes better than that stuff they used to prescribe for a colonoscopy. I tend to sweat a lot so I'll supplement water with the Gatorade.
Then again, I'll drink Moxie which is not something that's universally enjoyed. :D
Moxie is an acquired taste so kudos on that. :)
I'm not a soda drinker but do drink a flavored electrolyte drink daily that appears to be beneficial.

/ What water bottle do you have?

Maybe this will be an industry trend to solve the problem of drinking micro-plastics in water bottles? The aluminum will likely have a nickel or dime deposit to solve the litter issue and we could nix a lot of plastic pollution as well.

Last edited:
   / What water bottle do you have? #47  

Maybe this will be an industry trend to solve the problem of drinking micro-plastics in water bottles? The aluminum will likely have a nickel or dime deposit to solve the litter issue and we could nix a lot of plastic pollution as well.

Don't most aluminum cans have a plastic liner? That usually contains BPA?

We should go back to glass. It's not got a liner and it's easily recyclable.

/ What water bottle do you have? #48  
I try to avoid plastics any more because even the allegedly bpa-free ones have a detectable plastic scent and it's only a matter of time before they find something bpa-similar that's leaching out of them.

I keep a steel water bottle to the left of my seat where it bangs around and sometimes slides forward; it doesn't fit in the so-far-to-me-useless cup holders on my tractor.

Some day I'll make something that the water bottle fits into to hold it
maybe

/ What water bottle do you have? #49  
Don't most aluminum cans have a plastic liner? That usually contains BPA?

We should go back to glass. It's not got a liner and it's easily recyclable.
1714500342856.png

yeah I have doubts
"confidentiality"
as in "please don't look too closely"

/ What water bottle do you have? #50  
Me, I like Tigging aluminum pop cans together. Makes for good low amperage practice.