What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #61  
As a kid Dad was just Dad but through sports he would meet interesting people and introduced me to Fess Parker and Ed Ames of Daniel Boone fame and Robert Conrad of Wild Wild West.

Being a kid I was a little too young to appreciate.

We had local programming that was very popular… Marshall Jay, Honey West, Mayor Art, Captain Satelite, Captain San Francisco and Romper Room… national Captain Kangaroo, Guns of Will Sonnet, Batman and Beverly Hillbillies and Flying Nun.
My guitar playing buddy and I were guests on a local TV show, "The Prissy Thomas Show", because we won a talent contest. Fess Parker was also a guest that day, and we got to meet him. Up close, it was obvious that he had experienced some trauma; he had a long scar, starting at the edge of his jaw just below his ear, and running down his chin. I researched it later; and found out that he had gotten into an auto accident and the other guy went nuts and tried to cut his throat.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #62  
I didn't watch tv.
I worked, played outdoors. Fished and hunted. Delivered newspapers. Mowed lawns. Planted a garden. Read a lot. Hiked. Rode a bicycle.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #63  
I cannot remember the title of the tv series. It was on in the late 60's and came on Saturday. It was a spin off of StarTrec and even copied the floorplan of the USS Enterprise. I was about 11 or so. There were a lot of girls, mini-shirts and cleavage. I knew I liked all that a lot but no idea as to why.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #64  
Under a microscope I’m sure there are few Saints among us especially now when even a real Saint is considered evil like Junipero Serra.

The Information Age brings out all the flaws that might not have even been considered short comings at the time…
This was unrelated to the information age. I have native friends and have been a house guest on a large reservation multiple times. I learned by word of mouth. Natives have history that you will not find in any books.

TV and movies are what McLuhan called a "cold medium." They are not participatory, so they control you rather than you controlling them. To paraphrase Heinlein, the best school is a log, with experience on one end and a student on the other.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #66  
Little Rascals, Bugs Bunny Show, Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Quick Draw Mcgraw, Huckleberry Hound Dog, Mighty Mouse,

Heckle and Jeckle, Zorro, Roy Rogers, Lone Ranger, and Sky King were the regular Saturday morning fare for me.

Also, the local Uncle Jay Show. The Cap'n Gus Show cause he played Popeye cartoons.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #67  
The many loves of Dobie Gillis? Gilligan's Island? Colgate Comedy Hour? Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca? Carol Burnette show? I Dream of Jeannie? My Living Doll? My Mother the Car? Lassie? Air Aces?
I'm a little younger than you 79 . . . Sky King had a niece Penny (I think) and his plane was the "song bird" again I think when I first watch TV was in the window of the place that sold them . . . we were mesmerized. We didn't get a tv until I was 12 or so and it was maybe 9-10 inch screen.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid?
Used to also watch Magnum PI, Original MacGyver, and my Mom always watched Scarecrow and Mrs.King.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #70  
I've got a huge book on tv shows throughout the history of television, it also has primetime grids for all of the years (up to 1998 which is the 'present' when published).
Second pic is the listings for 1965, it should blow up to readable size if you open it in a new window. If anyone wants a particular year just holler.
20220515_122609_HDR.jpg20220515_122750.jpg