What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
A few of my favorites that I can remember off the top of my head:

Saturday Mornings:

• The Southern Sportsman (really enjoyed this show)
  • Snorks
  • Dukes of Hazard​
  • Rifleman​
  • Smurfs​
  • Fat Albert Show​
  • Looney Tunes​
Afternoons:

• Bob Ross (great show (y) )
  • Mr. Rogers
  • He-Man
Evenings:

• Hee Haw
  • Knight Rider
  • The A-Team
  • Dukes of Hazard again 👍
  • Golden Girls with my Grandma (really enjoyed these times👵)

I know some of you old timers on here are going to bring up the radio programs and like my Dad, Gene Autry and such!!!

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #2  
Mighty Mouse, Heckle & Jekyll, Tom & Jerry, Wonderful World of Disney, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Man from Uncle, Ed Sullivan Show, Hee Haw and Laugh-In.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #3  
I think the television was a DuMont but I could misremember. I do remember Howdy Doody, Amos n Andy (also radio), Sky King (also radio), Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, etc. Of course there was Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Rifleman, The Rebel, etc. In high school I was big on The Addams Family. Later on there was Laugh In, All in the Family, Hee Haw, and The Smothers Brothers.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #4  
On a B&W Zenith TV: all looney tunes, Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, McHales navy, Hogans Heroes, Man from Uncle, Bonanza, The Joy of Painting, Wide World of Sports, Hee Haw, Star Trek, Lassie, and a ton of others.....

I was really happy when my parents finally got a color set.....

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #5  
We got 2 channels when I was growing up, both ABC. If it wasn't on ABC, chances are I didn't see it.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #6  
There wasn't any until I was in high school.

Bruce

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #7  
Dukes of Hazzard was a Friday night show if I recall, just after something else we liked but I can't recall what now.
I always liked "The Wild, Wild West" with Joseph Conrad(?) and Ross Martin. Funny thing though, I tried to watch that show a few years ago and it was COR-NEEE!!!!!
Saturday morning cartoons were Mighty Mouse, Huckleberry Hound, Wacky Racers and a few others. One which I really enjoyed but wasn't on for long was a cartoon called "Space Ghost"... that would also probably seem corny if I watched it now.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #8  
Lone Ranger, Gene Autry, Howdy Doody, Treasure Hunt (Jan Murray), Beat The Clock, Lawrence Welk, Ed Sullivan

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #9  
channel 2 was CBS
channel 7 was shared by NBC and ABC.

Red Skelton on Monday night
MaryAnn, I mean, Gilligan's Island
Laugh In

A few years later
All in the Family
Mash
Love American Style on Friday night

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #10  
Saturday morning cartoons on the color Zenith that attracted neighbors far and wide... Dad was never an early adopter of anything but he had a friend with a TV store!

Mighty Mouse in Color had everyone memorized!

As for evening TV it was very limited... Wonderful World of Disney and Batman...

PS... that first in neighborhood Zenith played out in 1980... it still worked but tuner was going out so we surprised dad with a new Zenith and that is still used every evening by mom...

Married in 1959 and only two bought new TVs to date...

Zenith... the quality goes in before the name goes on.

My younger brother had to watch Kimba the White Lion and Speed Racer...

Layer Love American Style was popular...

Last edited: