What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #41  
I forgot Lawrence Well...

Grandma would let us stay up if we we could be quiet and Enjoy the program and we were.

I did ask her if she had Tired Blood once as Geritol sponsored the program...

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #42  
Lawrence Welk comes on and I leave the room. ;)

My mother in-law has to watch it every Saturday at 7:00pm on PBS. She'll hang up the phone on you if you call during the show if it's not a life or death situation. 🤣

When I'm doing projects for her, I'll purposely plan to do it while she's watching it. I know I'll have an hour where she won't be looking over my shoulder. Not that I mind. She worked on assembly lines much of her life, and knows her way around a chainsaw. But she's right there and if I turn I tend to bump into her!🙃

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #43  
Star Trek, The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, that was my favorite; before DS9 was on it was Walker Texas Ranger, which I always found silly fun.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #44  
I was a kid during the heyday of the western.

Maverick.
Have Gun Will Travel.
Wagon Train.
Sugarfoot.
The Rifleman.
Death Valley Days.
Roy Rogers.
Hopalong Cassidy.
Gunsmoke.
Cheyenne.
The Lone Ranger.
Bat Masterson.
Zorro.
The Cisco Kid.
Jim Bowie

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #45  
As a kid Dad was just Dad but through sports he would meet interesting people and introduced me to Fess Parker and Ed Ames of Daniel Boone fame and Robert Conrad of Wild Wild West.

Being a kid I was a little too young to appreciate.

We had local programming that was very popular… Marshall Jay, Honey West, Mayor Art, Captain Satelite, Captain San Francisco and Romper Room… national Captain Kangaroo, Guns of Will Sonnet, Batman and Beverly Hillbillies and Flying Nun.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #46  
I was a kid during the heyday of the western.

Maverick.
Have Gun Will Travel.
Wagon Train.
Sugarfoot.
The Rifleman.
Death Valley Days.
Roy Rogers.
Hopalong Cassidy.
Gunsmoke.
Cheyenne.
The Lone Ranger.
Bat Masterson.
Zorro.
The Cisco Kid.
Jim Bowie
I didn't realize how many westerns had been made until Youtube came out.
I've watched every episode of The Guns of Will Sonnett."... also everything available of ""Have Gun, Will Travel" and "Tombstone Territory."
The Restless Gun was another good one.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #47  
Red Skelton on Monday night
That came on a channel we didn't get (CBS maybe?), so I didn't see it but I remember other kids at school referring to it as "Red Skeleton"...I figured the show was about a skeleton. 🙃
Wasn't until several years later I was at my aunt's house (who had cable) and discovered it was just another variety show. Was sort of disappointed it wasn't about a red skeleton...
I forgot Lawrence Well...

Grandma would let us stay up if we we could be quiet and Enjoy the program and we were.
That must have been on ABC, my parents would never miss it, with the lovely-uh Lennon-uh sisters, the guy that played the accordion and of course all the bubbles.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #48  
Was sort of disappointed it wasn't about a red skeleton...
Ditto here.
The Lawrence Welk show came on too late, I never saw it until well after high school. That's when I realized what a friend was doing when we played Monopoly and he would count "A wunna, a twoa, a threea", as he advanced around the board.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #49  
As I child watching TV Saturday morning, watched many previously listed per cartoons, the one I didn't see mentioned yet which I liked was the Magilla Gorilla show.

However, my all time favorite hasn't been mentioned yet. I'd like to think that my parents instilled in me to watch "Quality TV" as a child 😁

May I present Ultraman

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #50  
That came on a channel we didn't get (CBS maybe?), so I didn't see it but I remember other kids at school referring to it as "Red Skeleton"...I figured the show was about a skeleton. 🙃
Wasn't until several years later I was at my aunt's house (who had cable) and discovered it was just another variety show. Was sort of disappointed it wasn't about a red skeleton...

That must have been on ABC, my parents would never miss it, with the lovely-uh Lennon-uh sisters, the guy that played the accordion and of course all the bubbles.
For the longest time I really thought Anacani's name was Lovely Anacani because she was always introduced that way... or Mexican Senorita...

Then there was Bobby and Sissi, Arthur Duncan, Joe Feeney and of course Myron Floren.

With over a thousand shows and several cast marriages Welk always said our musical family...

Definitely a different time in America...

1951 to 1982 is quite a original release history span...