What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #51  
Red Skelton, Lone Ranger, tailspin Tommy, Disney (Spin and Marty) cartoons

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #53  
I was a kid during the heyday of the western.

Maverick.
Have Gun Will Travel.
Wagon Train.
Sugarfoot.
The Rifleman.
Death Valley Days.
Roy Rogers.
Hopalong Cassidy.
Gunsmoke.
Cheyenne.
The Lone Ranger.
Bat Masterson.
Zorro.
The Cisco Kid.
Jim Bowie

I tried to always see the opening of Death Valley Days just to see the 20-mule Borax team pulling that big ore wagon. That was quite a sight.

I think one of the best Westerns of the 60's was The Guns of Will Sonnet. Walter Brennan was the Grandpa and the "fastest gun in the West". His grandson was 2nd fastest. "No brag, just fact . . . "

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #54  
TV was only allowed to be turned on between 8pm and 11pm other than for a major football game.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #55  
Westerns as well as some of the actors of the Golden Age have not fared all that well as society has changed…

Could come a time when they are effectively banned similar to Disney’s Song of the South…

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #56  
I tried to always see the opening of Death Valley Days just to see the 20-mule Borax team pulling that big ore wagon. That was quite a sight.

I think one of the best Westerns of the 60's was The Guns of Will Sonnet. Walter Brennan was the Grandpa and the "fastest gun in the West". His grandson was 2nd fastest. "No brag, just fact . . . "
I've never seen that one. I've been less than happy about Walter Brennan since my Nez Perce friends filled me in on his personal life. He hated Indians with the fire of a thousand sons. He had a ranch at Joseph, which was named after Chief Joseph, but wanted to wipe the natives from the face of the earth.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #57  
Right after school for a couple years was Dark Shadows.

Later, Star Trek reruns were late afternoon right after school.

Ironside was a good show when Perry Mason petered out.

I named my dog Bandit after Johnny Quest's dog.

Fractured Fairy Tales and Mr. Peabody and the whole Bullwinkle crowd had hilarious subtle jokes and puns woven through the script.

Had forgotten all about Spaaaaaaace Ghoooooooooooooost!

Lots of cool memories in this string. I watched the first season of the Beverly Hillbillies a while back. Laughed out loud a lot!! It was comic genius.

You couldn't produce any of these shows these days. Too many stereotypes and too much "offensive" material. We'd have to put warnings in front of every Warner Brothers cartoon . . . I think I saw that they cancelled Pepe Le'Pew. (I always loved that little stinker . . .)

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #58  
I've never seen that one. I've been less than happy about Walter Brennan since my Nez Perce friends filled me in on his personal life. He hated Indians with the fire of a thousand sons. He had a ranch at Joseph, which was named after Chief Joseph, but wanted to wipe the natives from the face of the earth.

I was unaware of his personal life and attitudes. But he still stands out as a memorable character in a lot of those old movies. Kinda like Jack Elam and a lot of those guys that managed to get a supporting role in dozens of movies.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #59  
Under a microscope I’m sure there are few Saints among us especially now when even a real Saint is considered evil like Junipero Serra.

The Information Age brings out all the flaws that might not have even been considered short comings at the time…

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #60  
I was unaware of his personal life and attitudes. But he still stands out as a memorable character in a lot of those old movies. Kinda like Jack Elam and a lot of those guys that managed to get a supporting role in dozens of movies.
I liked "The Real McCoys".