What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #31  

What TV did you watch as a kid?​

25" B&W Zenith. First memories are "I love Lucy" (my Mom loved that), the weather on whichever channel (of the three) my Dad could get and Howdy Doody.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #32  
In the early 50's, Friday night wrestling was a big thing...sponsored by "Progress, Oklahoma's own fine beer". I liked M Squad, Highway Patrol, Ozzie and Harriet, I Love Lucy, Crusade in the Pacific, The March of Time and any and all cowboy movies, and of course any Country Music show, like Grand Ole' Oprey, but Hee Haw not so much.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #33  
Were you a polio victim. I was, and spent 6 weeks in the hospital once and one week another time, as a result, but it sounds as if you had a much harder time than I had. And when I was in the hospital I saw many other boys in much worse shape than I was in.

As for the color TV with remote. . . my wife and I were assistant managers of a 104 unit apartment complex the first 3 and a half years of our marriage. We just had a black & white TV, but there came a time when the manager of the complex got a new color TV with remote; first remote I ever saw. The manager's apartment was also the office and in those days lots of people paid monthly rent in person with a check, so the door bell rang frequently in that apartment. And we learned very quickly that a ringing doorbell, a key dropped on the floor, the telephone ringing, etc. would cause that TV to change channels, turn off, or something and you never knew what it was going to do. In less than 2 weeks, they sent that TV back and got one without a remote.🤣🤣🤣
Maybe Zenith Space Command?

The dogs collar with license tag would change channels from jingling.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #34  
Leave it to beaver and my three sons. Still watch every day on MeTV along with many other old shows from the 60's. Still think sue randall beavers 4th grade teacher was hot and diane brewster his 3rd grade teacher was hot too. both died young from cancer.

mark

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #36  
Very simple. When I was a kid we listened to the radio. TV was not available to the public.
Same here, My favorite was listening to Fibber Mcgee and Molly. Read books. In 64 we did get a TV, but reception was hazy no matter which direction we turned the antenna.
Still listened to "Old Time Radio" though.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #37  
Sergeant Preston of the Yukon; Sky King, Trackdown, Wagon Train, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Twilight Zone, Night Gallery...(I have never forgotten the earwig episode...).

Last edited:
   / What TV did you watch as a kid? #38  
Sergeant Preston of the Yukon; Sky King, Trackdown, Wagon Train, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Twilight Zone, Night Gallery...(I have never forgotten the earwig episode...).
I forgot about Sky King. Sea Hunt was another good one.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #39  
The many loves of Dobie Gillis? Gilligan's Island? Colgate Comedy Hour? Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca? Carol Burnette show? I Dream of Jeannie? My Living Doll? My Mother the Car? Lassie? Air Aces?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #40  
Lost in Space / Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea / Cap'n Kangaroo/ Soupy Sales / Alfred Hitchcock/ Lawrence Welk , Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom .....Johny Quest, The first Tarzan's were fantastic.