What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all)

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #31  
Selling me on UTV's... šŸ¤£

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #32  
I used to thing I wanted a carry all, but could also find a lot of reason I didnā€™t need/want one. But there was still times I could use one.

So instead of a carry all, I bought a virtually new hitch hauler off FB marketplace for $30 a mere mile from me. I use it fairly frequently as it is easy to install into my 3 point receiver.

It does have limitations due to size, bu it works well for a lot of little jobs around the property. Hauling saws, firewood, mulch, feed, etc. The wife has even used it for a seat for a few short rides.

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #33  
The thing I like about my carryall is if I don't want to put it on my three point, I just put my FEL landpride forks under it like I would a pallet. I can load it up with gear, go to the spot I need it, just drop it off right there. It beats having to fasten stuff on a pallet, especially if traversing rough ground.

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #34  
BigRound1.JPG

gg

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #35  
you could convert by adding (or building) a Gibon box on top of it.

would more than double carrying capacity (loader bucket + box) than just loader alone which is great if you are moving things longer distances as saves road/trail running time.

Would prefer to use a trailer but I have a lot of areas where I like getting into where something longer or wider than tractor would be problematic. Just getting an tractor in / out of some of these areas is bad enough.

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #36  
I use mine all the time as long as I have the tractor at home. Mine is a slightly different style from the ones you have there and it's technically called link box.

I bought it used, needing some sheet metal work on the bottom corners for around $120. Got that fixed and recently gave it a nice paint job. It can dump, tailgate can flip down like a pickup truck, flip up like a dump truck for dumping purposes or simply removed and out of the way. It also has a cutting edge to scrape loose materials. It also provides a nice and fairly compact counter weight for loader work once loaded, which can be simply done by reversing to a pile of loose material.

It gets often loaded with 1300+ lbs of firewood with the tailgate down. I've used to move concrete tubes and rings, sand, gravel, half filled 200 GAL IBC tanks, all kinds of stuff really. Before I bought a pick up truck, I used to take the tractor with the box attached to the local feed store to get feed and small square bales for the chickens, ducks and goats.

I could easily sell it for $300+ at the moment, but as someone said before, once I sell it, it'll be when I'll need it the most.

Don't really have a good pictures of it unfortunately, so here's a couple from the manufacturer.

View attachment 783702 View attachment 783703 View attachment 783704
Don't forget, America is about 50 years behind Europe, so take pity on us.

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #37  
I showed my wife a good time today and we cut wood. Put the Hillbilly Carry All to good use

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #38  
My carry-all was originally a hog & pig carrier I rescued from the weeds. I use it mostly without the sides to haul my 25 gallon 12v spot sprayer & battery. Great for spraying from high up in the tractor seat along wood lines, fences, and the pond edge.

This is similar to what it once was:

1676408157736.jpeg

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #39  
My carry-all is from Omni MFG and small but versatile.

On the Toolcat 3 point receiver hitch:

P2100005.JPG
P2100008.JPG

On the top receiver hitch:

P2100013.JPG
P2100014.JPG

Carrying hay on the EV's front receiver hitch:

0914191756-01.jpg
0914191756-02.jpg

And the storage dolly:

PB140042.JPG
PB140038.JPG
PC290006.JPG

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #40  
I use mine all the time as long as I have the tractor at home. Mine is a slightly different style from the ones you have there and it's technically called link box.

I bought it used, needing some sheet metal work on the bottom corners for around $120. Got that fixed and recently gave it a nice paint job. It can dump, tailgate can flip down like a pickup truck, flip up like a dump truck for dumping purposes or simply removed and out of the way. It also has a cutting edge to scrape loose materials. It also provides a nice and fairly compact counter weight for loader work once loaded, which can be simply done by reversing to a pile of loose material.

It gets often loaded with 1300+ lbs of firewood with the tailgate down. I've used to move concrete tubes and rings, sand, gravel, half filled 200 GAL IBC tanks, all kinds of stuff really. Before I bought a pick up truck, I used to take the tractor with the box attached to the local feed store to get feed and small square bales for the chickens, ducks and goats.

I could easily sell it for $300+ at the moment, but as someone said before, once I sell it, it'll be when I'll need it the most.

Don't really have a good pictures of it unfortunately, so here's a couple from the manufacturer.

View attachment 783702 View attachment 783703 View attachment 783704
I have previously posted on TBN that I farmed up to 3000+ acres with another 2000 share farmed in several countries and never had the need for a FEL, briefly owning one in the late 1970s, but a link box was essential on all of them - the last 18 years in Portugal (until I retired 2 years ago) where I had exactly the same box as the photo.

The "carry-alls" shown in some threads are not the same thing, and would have been fairly well useless for the jobs I did with my link box. No doubt they could be modified into something as useful though.