What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all)

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
I bought a 3 point Carryall for my tractor way back when I got the tractor. I might have used the thing 2 or 3 times and that was years ago. Has anyone modified their carryall into something other than a carryall? Something more useful? If I cannot modify it into something more useful I might as well just sell the thing.

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #2  
I use my carry-all to carry firewood and as a platform to work off of the loader (trimming branches).

Attachments

• 008 (2)_1.JPG
    008 (2)_1.JPG
    365.7 KB · Views: 110
   / What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all)
Yeah, I built something very similar, haven't used it in years. IMHO, too small to carry enough firewood to make it worth putting on.

The main reasons I don't use it are: I have to remove a far more useful implement to put it on (box blade, ballast, etc)
It is not heavy enough to be adequate ballast, so it limits the use of FEL when it is on.
It is rather weak. Admittedly, I bought a cheap one. But I think it is only rated to 1000 lbs, well under the 3 point lift rating.

Last edited:
   / What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #4  
Other than the usual things folks do with one, I mount my clay pigeon thrower on it

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #5  
I bought a 3 point Carryall for my tractor way back when I got the tractor. I might have used the thing 2 or 3 times and that was years ago. Has anyone modified their carryall into something other than a carryall? Something more useful? If I cannot modify it into something more useful I might as well just sell the thing.
If you sell it today, you'll need it tomorrow.
I think it is explained in the warranty.

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #6  
I used to take off my Carry-All after each task...........But have since found that it is used more often by just leaving it on all the time....... and it does serve as a limited ballast for light duty usage...... or....readily loaded with weight for more ballast. BTW, I do have the luxury of owing two CUTs, each tooled up for the more common chores .

Cheers,
Mike

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #7  
Maybe I'm missing something, but rather than a carry all, why not just get rear forks? Then, take a reasonably good pallet and make a storage crate on it out of scrap lumber. Customize as needed for what you like to carry. If you want something more permanent, use PVC and/or milk crates and such. (or do a good job with waterproofing the wood).

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #8  
Maybe I'm missing something, but rather than a carry all, why not just get rear forks? Then, take a reasonably good pallet and make a storage crate on it out of scrap lumber. Customize as needed for what you like to carry. If you want something more permanent, use PVC and/or milk crates and such. (or do a good job with waterproofing the wood).
Carry all costs about $200 at TSC

Rear forks cost over $1000

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...me-Rear-Mounted-Pallet-Forks-p/eta-3pt-pf.htm

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #9  
Carry all costs about $200 at TSC

Rear forks cost over $1000

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...me-Rear-Mounted-Pallet-Forks-p/eta-3pt-pf.htm
Thanks, I guess that explains the why for some people. I figured the rear forks have other uses, too.

/ What to use Carry-All for (other than carry-all) #10  
Examples of how some have enhanced the basic structure:

Attachments

• Carry-all with bench for parade use.JPG
    Carry-all with bench for parade use.JPG
    629.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Ford script carry-all box with walnut bench.jpg
    Ford script carry-all box with walnut bench.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Mark Maurer's shooting stand on his 8N.jpg
    Mark Maurer's shooting stand on his 8N.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134