What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,301  
Oh man Lou, I was cringing when reading your post. I thought for sure it was going to be a window.

Where did you find the P/N for the hinges, and where are you ordering them from? Your local dealer?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,302  
Not much of a task really, but used mine yesterday as a lawnmower "ambulance" when my riding mower died behind the house.

Used it to carry the rider around into the garage to "fix".

20230525_105445.jpg

Turned out it was just a stuck carb linkage, but had to take the engine cover off to see it.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,303  
I have a 3 point post hole digger that if I lift all the way will surely break the rear window if it is open. Haven't done it yet, but like K5, it is an expensive accident just waiting to happen.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,304  
Oh man Lou, I was cringing when reading your post. I thought for sure it was going to be a window.

Where did you find the P/N for the hinges, and where are you ordering them from? Your local dealer?
I have the parts catalog in a pdf for the 8050 and looked up the parts number and gave them to the parts guy at my local dealer. They should be here in 10 days to 2 weeks a bit over $40 for the two little straps, but not knowing how much of an offset they had originally straightening them would be guessing game. I may straighten the originals when I have the new ones to have as spares, so I'll never need them again.

/ What have you done to your Branson today?
#1,305  
Picked up a set of 6600 # Express Steel pallet forks Wednesday.
Took my new pallet forks out for a spin today and used them as a barb wire roll carrier.

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,306  
Picked up a set of 6600 # Express Steel pallet forks Wednesday.
Took my new pallet forks out for a spin today and used them as a barb wire roll carrier.

I rigged up spool carrier for the 3ph that I use for a variety of unrolling tasks. Most commonly I spool out single-strand or dual-strand fence wire, though I've also used it for electrical wire (in this case, 500' of 4/0 when I put in a ground mount solar array) -
tumblr_edc233273d083e3a14a5f7d1269f0d87_db14ea2f_540.jpg

basically it's a piece of pipe with hitch pins welded to the end, and a couple pieces of PVC pipe as bushings for spacers. I have a smaller version which is basically just a wood dowel with holes in the ends that I use for smaller spools

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,307  
Well I got a quote for a replacement roof and it is just under $2,100. Guess it could be worse but certainly could be better. :ROFLMAO:

I am going for a repair of sorts and redesigning the mounts for the light bar. The more I think about it, that is a bad place to mount because it creates a good amount of leverage on that bolt. I am sure there are other roofs out there that have or will have the same crack if they have the factory light bar.

It will be a few weeks but I will post what I come up with.
Well I got the mounts redesigned to use the factory light mounts. Just added a some angle iron to the light bar mount and cut the ear off that was mounted to the roof bolt. It is solid and I managed to keep the light location the same. Sure would have been nice if they would have done that in the first place.

Still need to fix the cracks but this should help keep them from spreading while I come up with a good plan.

IMG_1667.jpeg

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_1664.jpeg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,309  
Well I'm looking for the leak in my AC system, put a can of dye in it the other day and still no luck.