What does a "frozen" order mean?

/ What does a "frozen" order mean? #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
We ordered a loader for a John Deere 3032 in November 2017 and was told it would be here in Feb. Of course it is not here March 24th and now they are saying the order is in the frozen status. I have been in the business for 41 years and that is a new one on me? Ken Sweet

/ What does a "frozen" order mean? #2  
I think it means we don't have what you ordered and its gonna be awhile:confused3:

/ What does a "frozen" order mean? #4  
They left the loader outside and it froze ? After 3 attempts with a hair dryer they decided to wait until spring for delivery ....
-scratches head-

I've never heard of it either but maybe it means they encountered a difficulty or problem or maybe you needed to give them a deposit etc like say 1/3 to order 1/3 after and 1/3 on delivery and they never got the second payment and simply froze the order?

/ What does a "frozen" order mean? #5  
It accidentally got shipped to northern Quebec, you'll see it in July-August.

(Seriously - I imagine they suspended production temporarily, why don't you call them and ask?)

/ What does a "frozen" order mean?
It accidentally got shipped to northern Quebec, you'll see it in July-August.

(Seriously - I imagine they suspended production temporarily, why don't you call them and ask?)

We did ask and the salesman is checking his sources? I told my partner, the salesman may have priced the loader to too low and is hoping we will cancel the order. Ken Sweet

/ What does a "frozen" order mean? #7  
We did ask and the salesman is checking his sources? I told my partner, the salesman may have priced the loader to too low and is hoping we will cancel the order. Ken Sweet

My money is on Northern Quebec. Check and see if there's any French writing anywhere on the order.

/ What does a "frozen" order mean? #8  
My money is on Northern Quebec. Check and see if there's any French writing anywhere on the order.

More likely Spanish... my 300CX FEL was built in Mexico.

'Frozen', to me at least, means that they're no longer building that model FEL. You should get an upgrade at no extra cost. :crossfingers:

/ What does a "frozen" order mean? #9  
Frozen, like not moving, going nowhere.

Also might mean confirmed, firmed up or like cast in stone---

Agree, confusing!

Last edited:
   / What does a "frozen" order mean? #10  
That's makes me go hmmm.
Sounds like the dealer having hard time getting loader and doesn't want to lose the sale,try another dealer close by.