What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #221  
I wonder if it’s the mechanization…

As a child the hay wagons still loaded with hay forks and my grandfather in his late 80’s still used a scythe to hand cut the slope just like his father and grandfather…

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #222  
Nothing wrong with cardio and I believe everyone can benefit from it but some people just don't necessarily need it for heart health. I had an aunt that lived to 102 and I guarantee you she never got any cardio at all. Genetics play a huge roll in heart health as we as overall health. My dad just had a stress test and CT scan. He was told his heart is in excellent condition despite never getting any cardio exercise.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #223  
Nothing wrong with cardio and I believe everyone can benefit from it but some people just don't necessarily need it for heart health. I had an aunt that lived to 102 and I guarantee you she never got any cardio at all. Genetics play a huge roll in heart health as we as overall health. My dad just had a stress test and CT scan. He was told his heart is in excellent condition despite never getting any cardio exercise.
Its equally genes, luck and how you care for yourself. Which one should we rely on?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #224  
Its equally genes, luck and how you care for yourself. Which one should we rely on?
I'm going to find out how much of a roll diet plays in cholesterol levels in about 4 months. Mine wasn't quite where I'd like it to be 2 months ago. Doctor recommended drugs but I opted for a change in diet. I'll report back after results.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #225  
I'm going to find out how much of a roll diet plays in cholesterol levels in about 4 months. Mine wasn't quite where I'd like it to be 2 months ago. Doctor recommended drugs but I opted for a change in diet. I'll report back after results.
My good/bad cholesterol has been resonably good for my entire life but my doc suggested to me to start taking this drug to lower the bad part. I bawked at the idea and went home and read some reports concerning this and learned that folks still get heart disease despite having these good Cholesterol numbers. Improving these numbers lessened the fatilaity of heat disease. Today I take it.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #226  
My good/bad cholesterol has been resonably good for my entire life but my doc suggested to me to start taking this drug to lower the bad part. I bawked at the idea and went home and read some reports concerning this and learned that folks still get heart disease despite having these good Cholesterol numbers. Improving these numbers lessened the fatilaity of heat disease. Today I take it.
I was able to lower bad and raise good cholesterol about 20 years ago. My doctor was shocked and told me to keep doing what I was doing. I slowly drifted away from that healthy diet over the last two decades and was eating red meat including T-bones and burgers way too often recently. We'll see if 6 months can make a difference.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #227  
I have mixed emotions about ”work” being exercise. When I split wood I use a hydraulic splitter and I still feel it’s not a bad work out, kind of like a good walk. I started bike riding a couple years ago, my rides last anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours. There is just something about that steady workout that I feel is good for you. My goal this week is to ride every day.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise?
I'd think you'd (we'd) want a balance of strength AND endurance. I got the strength part down to my satisfaction. The endurance part is lacking. After 3rd day of roofing activities after work, it's less strenuous and muscles are getting used to it. But after I finished a 30 minute easy swim wiped me out.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #229  
Try putting a track back on a track hoe by yourself in 95° Temps.

I'm still logging zone minutes with a heart rate of 140, I've been sitting in the truck for the past couple minutes in the ac
Yeah, I was doing some work back in July and it was hot and humid. I was wearing a bunch of protective clothing and gear that simply causes one to over heat. My heart rate, simply standing still, was 100-110 which was the body trying to cool off. When I started working, the heart rates was in the red zone and looked to have been 135 to 150. The work was not bad but the heart rates was due to the body heat caused by the protective gear and clothing. It sure felt good when I was done working to get into the AC. Better yet was getting home to a long, cold shower and a cold beer or two. 😁

I have had to stop working from overheating a few times. :(

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #230  
All this talk of endurance, heart rates and diet. Good stuff.

I had an experience the other day with stairs. I used to take about seven (7) flights of stairs 3 or 4 times a day, five (5) days a week. I get walking in to about five (5) miles a day. That did not stop. The stairs did, a while back.....

Well the other day I had to pay a visit to the stair routine. I was actually huffing after flight number two (2).

That's not good. I think I need to find a more challenging walk and some stairs around the house. :(