What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #211  
Was talking to my wife about this thread and she commented that changing the irrigation sets everyday is about a 2 mile walk. Guess I can get less excercise during the summer now.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #212  
My spouse worked cardiac rehab for years. These people WERE recovering from by-pass surgery, getting a catheter installed or some other kind of cardiac repair etc, etc. 90% of the guys in rehab would exclaim "I work so had at my X,Y, Z job, I'm getting a terrific workout doing that!". As they slowly, painfully, moved across the rehab floor at 45 years of age. So tell everyone here just how tired you are after doing that job you did today.
I did one of those "Heart Health" checkups that they perform at the local hospital. It was perfomed about 5 months ago.

This was after my identical twin had to have two stints installed and a blood clot removed from his heart.

I can say with certainty that if I was just performing my normal job duties, then I would probably fit in with your example.

It's the extra stuff thrown in that keeps me fit. Helping to set up and tear down jobs, sucks, and gets the ol' heart racing. As well as lugging heavy parts two and from a piece of equipment because I can't get my truck close to it.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #213  
Very few job's make someone out of breath enough to make speach difficult for over 1/2 hour at a time. I used to walk for 1-1/2hrs a day, split wood, work on the farm, etc. That was good. But I didn't notice marked very noticable improvement to gout, body aches, out of breath, tiredness, overall fitness, until I took it to that next level of 1/2hr of stressed breathing, "enough to make conversation difficult". Whatever it takes to "get the ol' heart racing".

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #215  
Very few job's make someone out of breath enough to make speach difficult for over 1/2 hour at a time. I used to walk for 1-1/2hrs a day, split wood, work on the farm, etc. That was good. But I didn't notice marked very noticable improvement to gout, body aches, out of breath, tiredness, overall fitness, until I took it to that next level of 1/2hr of stressed breathing, "enough to make conversation difficult". Whatever it takes to "get the ol' heart racing".
I work for a specialty division of a rental company.

Pumps, tanks and boxes. Specializing in dewatering, water transfer, and filtration.

Messing with 6" hoses will make a man out of you.

Running 600ft of 8" hoses will take the man out of you

Setting up and tearing down some of those jobs will have you breathing heavy for hours.

Doctor told me I needed to exercise. I responded to the doc telling him he needed to work with me for a day.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise?
On my 3rd day of installing shingles on a dilapidated garage rehab project every day after work. Lotsa up and down the ladder and balancing. Not a big cardio workout, but man, muscles are sore. 🙃

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #218  
I'm surprised how many people here think whatever job they are doing, is giving them a cardiovascular workout. :( Being tired at the end of it, is not a indicator you got it.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #219  
I’m guessing most don’t get the cardio unless they truly workout, run, etc.?

I think of the Dairy side of the farming family and no obesity or heart problems into their 90’s and they would be the first to laugh or chuckle about city folk paying to exercise…

Sounds like very little of todays jobs provide the cardio required?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #220  
I’m guessing most don’t get the cardio unless they truly workout, run, etc.?

I think of the Dairy side of the farming family and no obesity or heart problems into their 90’s and they would be the first to laugh or chuckle about city folk paying to exercise…

Sounds like very little of todays jobs provide the cardio required?
Nearly no jobs gets one heart going and stresses it enough to do any good. Most of the folks my spouce seen in cardiac rehab, came from the ag industry.