What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Yesterday, my wife and I went for a little canoe ride with some friends. This is a very popular short 7.5 mile trip on a slow river with 5-600 tubers to navigate around.

The two comments we heard the most as we passed the tubers were:

1> That looks like a lot of work (almost always from two large people taking a much needed break from the hard work of floating by standing on the banks drinking beers).

and

2> OH NO! I dropped my cell phone! (almost always from a younger woman or teenager girl). :ROFLMAO:

As with the hay baling a couple weeks ago, I found no ill effects from the canoeing, other than I got really hungry.

At my job, I'm almost always on my feet, walking a lot, taking the stairs, etc. If I get home and I'm tired, I know I've had enough exertion for the day. If I'm not tired, I'll hop on the rowing machine and do some intervals, or, take a nice long row. Many evenings after work and dinner my wife and I will do brisk walks for about 40 minutes. Usually around 2.5-3 miles. On weekends we tend to pick a day and go for a 2-3 hour walk, so around 6-8 miles. In summer I'll swim for half an hour at a brisk pace. My wife uses an elliptical trainer for about 30-45 minutes a day every morning on a really high setting. 5 minutes on that thing at her settings will make me want to barf!

So what are some of the activities that some of you do (and maybe even enjoy) to get some exercise on a regular basis?

12oz curls don't count :p

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #3  
E bike. Lots of misconceptions about them. With mine there is no throttle so if you don’t pedal, you don’t move. You can adjust the amount of assist to none to where about 2/3 of the power is the bike. I use one of the lower settings the most. The best description I’ve seen about e bikes is you will rider further, faster and more often. I will have put about 2400 miles on mine in a year.
FC5CAB67-2AC7-493B-972C-BB6C3D940629.jpeg

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #5  
My favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch. I like to call it...Lunch...!

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #6  
I don't have a lot of extra time these days, so I probably don't exercise enough. Lately the physio exercises on my shoulder have been about it. I do a lot of walking while doing the routine tasks around the property.

I can't ride a bicycle, or get in / sit in a canoe, i don't hike.

Once my shoulder / arm / hand has recovered, I will get back to the weights lifting (universal gym), the pool (laps, stretches), and walking the mile circuit laps at the local ice arena. Occasionally I have enough energy to take the dog for a walk to the stop sign amd back home (about 2 kms, 1.5 miles) ... but that is exhausting with a cane :)

Last edited:
   / What Do You Do For Exercise? #7  
There was a day: 3 to 4 day canoe trips, cycling to work24 kil. cycling between Jasper to Banf, 80 kil. ride for an ice cream cone, 3to4 day backcountry ski trips(40 lb. Pack) and those really enjoyable mogal days from chair start to chair shutdown. Then along came a plugged artery and it’s just holding down a lazy boy.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #8  
For fun I hunt, pick mushrooms and walk the dogs. Between that and working around the place I cover several miles on foot daily.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #9  
[QUOTE="MossRoad, post: 6354328, If I'm not tired, I'll hop on the rowing machine and do some intervals, or, take a nice long row.

So what are some of the activities that some of you do (and maybe even enjoy) to get some exercise on a regular basis?

12oz curls don't count :p[/QUOTE]

I like doing intervals on the indoor rower 3 or 4 days a week

The other days I do weight training using the rower of treadmill for warm up and cool down.

IMG_7491.jpg

IMG_7490.jpg

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #10  
There was a day: 3 to 4 day canoe trips, cycling to work24 kil. cycling between Jasper to Banf, 80 kil. ride for an ice cream cone, 3to4 day backcountry ski trips(40 lb. Pack) and those really enjoyable mogal days from chair start to chair shutdown. Then along came a plugged artery and it’s just holding down a lazy boy.

Egon - that sounds like a very busy day indeed