What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #231  
Yeah, I was doing some work back in July and it was hot and humid. I was wearing a bunch of protective clothing and gear that simply causes one to over heat. My heart rate, simply standing still, was 100-110 which was the body trying to cool off. When I started working, the heart rates was in the red zone and looked to have been 135 to 150. The work was not bad but the heart rates was due to the body heat caused by the protective gear and clothing. It sure felt good when I was done working to get into the AC. Better yet was getting home to a long, cold shower and a cold beer or two.

I have had to stop working from overheating a few times. :(
Oh, there's gonna be an ice cold beer tonight. Cut down all the stumps on my property in preparation for stump grinding next weekend. Here's my stats for today and current heart rate sitting in a camping chair in the shade

The surprising thing with clearing this property. I've actually put on 6 pounds instead of losing the weight
Screenshot_20230803_143934.jpg
Screenshot_20230803_143942.jpg

/ What Do You Do For Exercise?

The surprising thing with clearing this property. I've actually put on 6 pounds instead of losing the weight [
Well, muscle weighs more than fat.....

(that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :ROFLMAO: )

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #233  
Well, muscle weighs more than fat.....

(that's my story and I'm sticking to it. )
Mine too. I've been working myself to exhaustion on the property. So I'm figuring muscle.

I've got it to a point now where I just need to grind the stumps which will be next weekend. I'll knock down the weeds out there this weekend so I can find the stumps.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #234  
According to BMI calculators, at 6' tall, a man has to get down to 183 lbs. to not be considered overweight and can be as light as 137 to not be underweight. I can't imagine being under about 160. I'm about 195 now.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #235  
According to BMI calculators, at 6' tall, a man has to get down to 183 lbs. to not be considered overweight and can be as light as 137 to not be underweight. I can't imagine being under about 160. I'm about 195 now.
Never understood BMI. I could add 10 to 15 pounds and be happy.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #236  
I'm 6'1 and just out of highschool I weighed about 140.

Ideally about 200lbs is where I look my best.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #237  
I'm 6'1 and just out of highschool I weighed about 140.

Ideally about 200lbs is where I look my best.
Same. 150 in HS.

I got no butt now...ain't from management or the wife.

When I graduated high school at age 18 in 1979 I was 6' tall 135#.

Married in 1985 6' tall 155# at age 24. Still growing wider at the shoulders due to swimming and weight lifting.

Around 1997 at age 36 I crossed 200#. Still swimming and weight lifting.

Around 2001, at age 42, I felt my best, at my peak. I hit about 240# at my peak, and hovered between 225-230 for about 15 years. Felt fine.

Got down to 200# in September of 2019 mostly due to I smashed my hand the month before, and had to take 2 months off of work and take it easy.

Worked my way back up to 225 within a year and stay within 5 pounds of that for past 3 years. I feel pretty good. Just got blood work done a few days ago, so we'll see. 🙃

I'd have to lose 45# to get down to 180, and I'd look sickly. I currently can feel my hip bones, shoulder bones, and ribs.

I do not put much faith in BMI. ;)

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #239  
When I graduated high school at age 18 in 1979 I was 6' tall 135#.

Married in 1985 6' tall 155# at age 24. Still growing wider at the shoulders due to swimming and weight lifting.

Around 1997 at age 36 I crossed 200#. Still swimming and weight lifting.

Around 2001, at age 42, I felt my best, at my peak. I hit about 240# at my peak, and hovered between 225-230 for about 15 years. Felt fine.

Got down to 200# in September of 2019 mostly due to I smashed my hand the month before, and had to take 2 months off of work and take it easy.

Worked my way back up to 225 within a year and stay within 5 pounds of that for past 3 years. I feel pretty good. Just got blood work done a few days ago, so we'll see.

I'd have to lose 45# to get down to 180, and I'd look sickly. I currently can feel my hip bones, shoulder bones, and ribs.

I do not put much faith in BMI. ;)
The BMI comes back to haunt me when I have to get a new med card (DOT Physical). If your BMI is over 30 and your neck size is over a certain size, it means an automatic sleep study

I had to get a new med card this year. Doctor started hinting about a sleep study.

I started arguing since I sleep soundly through the night, only snore if I'm utterly exhausted or have a head cold. Don't take naps, don't randomly fall asleep. The only time I do on the couch or recliner is if I'm exhausted and had long hours at work, called in to work in the middle of the night, up in the middle of the night walking a sick dog, etc...

Then it dawned on me, I wear a fit bit watch that's linked to my phone.

I pulled my phone out and showed him my sleep stats.

He looked really quick and said yup, you don't need a sleep study

The BMI comes back to haunt me when I have to get a new med card (DOT Physical). If your BMI is over 30 and your neck size is over a certain size, it means an automatic sleep study

I had to get a new med card this year. Doctor started hinting about a sleep study.

I started arguing since I sleep soundly through the night, only snore if I'm utterly exhausted or have a head cold. Don't take naps, don't randomly fall asleep. The only time I do on the couch or recliner is if I'm exhausted and had long hours at work, called in to work in the middle of the night, up in the middle of the night walking a sick dog, etc...

Then it dawned on me, I wear a fit bit watch that's linked to my phone.

I pulled my phone out and showed him my sleep stats.

He looked really quick and said yup, you don't need a sleep study
I snore very loudly. So loud I sometimes wake myself up. Wife was concerned I might have sleep apnea. Dr. sent me for a sleep study. They glued sensors all over my body and up my nose. Had a big bundle of wire over my shoulder, then they told me to go to sleep on my back. I NEVER sleep on my back, but had to. Many times throughout the night, they'd come on the speaker in the room, wake me up, and tell me to roll over onto my back. I thought it was possibly the worst night of sleep in my life.

Results of the study said I was 99% efficient in my sleep and oxygen saturation was great. I just snore really loud!

Wife got earplugs. :ROFLMAO: