What did you do with your Power Trac today?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #311  
I forget who originally posted this but here is a real old hose list for the PT1850

Attachments

• 1850 Hose List Pg 1.pdf
    17.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 1850 Hose List Pg 2.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 50
   / What did you do with your Power Trac today? #312  
Those hose lists are awesome! Thanks!

As far as my handle, you were close. Its AVI VIII = aviate. I'm a commercial pilot. I used to drive a modified Lincoln MarkVIII (which is basically a really comfortable mustang cobra). My first license plate on that car was XLRVIII (accelerate) and then when I got my pilots license, I changed it to AVIVIII. It kind of stuck for everything.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #315  
Good video, hope I never have that problem.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #316  
Today, I fixed it!

And made a video.

And ordered a mic, because the one on the GoPro is just miserable!
On my PT425, a pump feeds the steering valve, then the power beyond port on the steering valve feeds the FEL/AUX PTO valve bank. I'm guessing that's what you found.

So steering takes priority over FEL/AUX PTO.

If I crank my steering all the way to either side, I sometimes lose FEL function. All I have to do is ease off the steering wheel a tiny bit and FEL function returns.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #317  
So steering takes priority over FEL/AUX PTO.

If I crank my steering all the way to either side, I sometimes lose FEL function. All I have to do is ease off the steering wheel a tiny bit and FEL function returns.
On the 1850, there is a sticker on the dash that says "Do not use FLOAT while draft control is enabled," which always puzzled me because why would someone do that. And then one day, I was ripping across the field, picked the mower up over a rock and, out of habit, jammed the stick into FLOAT. I found out very quickly that you have no steering when both are enabled....

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #318  
Nice video!

Just eyeballing your hydraulic control bank for the joystick, it looks to me like all three of the fittings towards the inside were hit by something and bent. Is it possible that it wasn't that the fitting was cross threaded, but rather it was bent and failed? Could that explain the bend in the metal of the "firewall", and the loose valve bank as well?

What do you use the "eye" on the top of the bucket for?

All the best,

Peter

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #319  
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that the ears for the hydraulic piston on the lift arms came into contact with those hoses and bent the plate steel frame. Thats probably going to be a mud-season project, but I will definitely replace the other two fittings and straighten out that bulkhead.

That eye has done everything from being an engine hoist to a recovery point. Just a good spot to chain or strap to. Usually I weld chain grab hooks to all my buckets, but I like the eye/pin setup with a strap, and like chains less and less.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #320  
We had one of those gorgeous, deadly, silent snowstorms last night. Rain turning into frozen rain, turning into snow. 800' below us, they had an inch. We had 4-6" overnight and another four or so since dawn. The trees around the area have been shedding limbs like crazy, many in the 6-8" range. Our neighbor says that this is the heaviest snow fall in the forty or so years that she has lived here.

The plum tree that was blooming two days ago...
B2A9519E-17AD-479E-A69A-0B1D5D64CB6F.jpeg

Yes, it is still snowing...

12C89A73-8EC6-4518-AD1A-013D1FB9250C.jpeg

These are four different branches, six to eight inches in diameter, scattered up fifty feet of hillside. More Power-Trac fun to come.
B8701FD4-AB02-4B16-9D0D-04D0A11AF3A2.jpeg