What did you do with your Power Trac today?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #1  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
I for one would like to see pictures of PTs in action working or what work you did on it.

Here it makes it easy not to run your saw into the dirt.

Attachments

• big oak log 2.jpeg
    big oak log 2.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 498
  • big oak log 1.jpeg
    big oak log 1.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 508
   / What did you do with your Power Trac today? #2  
I for one would like to see pictures of PTs in action working or what work you did on it.

I do not have any pictures right now, but I just got done reclaiming a little area in our field. There used to be a private rail line that ran through the field up until 1965, tracks/ties taken out years ago. For whatever reason there was about a 100遅 8 strip of brush that they didn稚 clean up. Everything is pushed into three brush piles now. The 1430 worked great.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #3  
Today on the 1850, I cleaned all the crap out of the oil coolers from brush clearing on the hill 4 days ago. Put a propane torch on the intake for a few minutes and traded the flail mower for the bucket to clear 8" of heavy, wet snow. I then proceeded to completely destroy the gravel parts of my driveway and lawn that happened to be adjacent to it.

All I want for Christmas is glow plugs and a v-plow!

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today?
Today on the 1850, I cleaned all the crap out of the oil coolers from brush clearing on the hill 4 days ago. Put a propane torch on the intake for a few minutes and traded the flail mower for the bucket to clear 8" of heavy, wet snow. I then proceeded to completely destroy the gravel parts of my driveway and lawn that happened to be adjacent to it.

All I want for Christmas is glow plugs and a v-plow!

How many years have you been starting it by heating the intake? Would it start if you didn't?
On the Steiner I used to have, I would put a 60watt drop light under the hood with a blanket on it over night and it would do the trick.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #5  
How many years have you been starting it by heating the intake? Would it start if you didn't?
On the Steiner I used to have, I would put a 60watt drop light under the hood with a blanket on it over night and it would do the trick.

Usually I use a small ceramic heater on top of the intake and it works great. When it gets really cold I have a propane torpedo heater that I aim at the oil reservoir too. We dont have any power so those 2 are useless. So we improvise!

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #6  
Wasn't today, but I used it to set the first wall section on our garage addition back in August when I was home alone.

0BD1F840-1469-4960-9AA5-D2514414A9D5.jpeg

0F5559ED-2388-4978-9F78-2F9556ACA65A.jpeg

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #9  

That's the way to cut firewood! Did you make the thumb for your mini hoe?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today?
That is the front hoe they sell at Titan with the thumb included. It would pull itself off the skid steer coupler, so I cut the SSQC off, shortened the arm about a foot and welded it to the PT plate. The thumb they supply is too short in my opinion, so I bolted on a piece of channel to extend it 2-3".
I liked the Titan better as you can pull pins and remove the thumb unlike some that bolt on. It works pretty good.