What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #141  
Our tractors prefer to sleep outdoors. It doesn't seem to hurt them, so I go along with it
But admit it, it sucks to sit down with a cup of coffee and....wet butt.... 😅

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #142  
But admit it, it sucks to sit down with a cup of coffee and....wet butt.... 😅
No, I throw a tarp over the seat, dashboard, and all the controls.

IMG_2374.JPG

/ What did you do for your tractor today?
Our tractors prefer to sleep outdoors. It doesn't seem to hurt them, so I go along with it
That's a false urban legend. Just watch the hoses and the seat crack and watch the paint fade to see the reality. :giggle:

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #145  
That's a false urban legend. Just watch the hoses and the seat crack and watch the paint fade to see the reality. :giggle:
Nope, not false. That's the trouble with urban legends. Sixteen years now and the rubber parts are fine. So is the paint.

/ What did you do for your tractor today?
In this environment - we get very different results. 16rs out in the sun here and you would be looking at all new hoses.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #148  
I gave it a day off

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #149  
In this environment - we get very different results. 16rs out in the sun here and you would be looking at all new hoses.
I keep meaning to put sleeves on the hoses and shields on the tires... but I haven't yet. Don't get me wrong, I see sun damage on my machines but it is far less that what I grew up with in Arkansas & Texas.

Few places have more intense sun than we do in the Colorado mountains. When I got here I thought that sun and UV would eat up the rubber compounds too - it sure surprised me to find it's not near as big a problem. Old cars sit out and last forever. Hard to argue with results. Our old JD has original tires and original paint.

I wonder if the urban legends are only half right, and what actually eats up rubber so bad is pollution? Or more likely it is a combination of sun and pollution? Some sort of photochemical acid or whatever ...
Here at 7000 feet in the dry mountain climate we certainly have intense sun, but little to no atmospheric pollution.
rScotty

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #150  
Installed the armrests on my Kioti. Should've had them on from the start but it didn't occur to me when I bought the tractor. After using our John Deere at work and being able to rest my right arm while working the loader joystick, I promptly ordered myself a set of armrests. $50, worth it.

Also hit all the grease fittings and checked the fluids. Too windy and wet outside to do any real work today.