What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #81  
Well it wasn't today, but... I was not yet a member last weekend. I built a ballast/receiver attachment. Weighs about 800lbs i guess.

Welcome to TBN tinkerer. I like your ballast. What do do have in mind for the "U" shaped holder on the left ??

gg

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #82  
Not sure yet. Before I filled the barrel with concrete, i put a buch of scrap metal i had laying around in it. That thing sticking up is the top of one of those trailer home hold down anchors. It was bent almost 90 degrees in an unfortunate accident. It would not fit completely in the barrel, so i just arranged it so that it was sticking straight up. Figured i could bolt something to it later.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #83  
Well over the past week I had my hydraulic issue diagnosed, ordered a new hydro pump which goes on next weekend. (surprised he got me in so soon)
And I converted my DuAL 110 loader to SS quick Hitch for future convenience. I have it all laid up and tacked, but I'm taking it to a friend with a real welder to put some heat to it. (deep weld 'cause I'm off-grid and limited)
Next up is a quasi-bulletproof canopy, I'm waiting for measurements/specs on some marketplace brackets...

I still have to find my other tire chain... it's in this barn somewhere!!!

[1986 Ford 2110 (Japan)]

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #84  
Well over the past week I had my hydraulic issue diagnosed, ordered a new hydro pump which goes on next weekend. (surprised he got me in so soon)
And I converted my DuAL 110 loader to SS quick Hitch for future convenience. I have it all laid up and tacked, but I'm taking it to a friend with a real welder to put some heat to it. (deep weld 'cause I'm off-grid and limited)
Next up is a quasi-bulletproof canopy, I'm waiting for measurements/specs on some marketplace brackets...

I still have to find my other tire chain... it's in this barn somewhere!!!

[1986 Ford 2110 (Japan)]
I too am looking to build a heavy canopy soon. I have had a couple close calls with window makers while bumping around in the woods. Scary.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #87  
That's too close for comfort...LOL. I used to live over that way.

It's certainly a first for me; there's a few Mainer's on here but I didn't realize I had any almost literal neighbors on TBN.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #88  
Kept her parked securely in a nice warm, dry barn... I work on a lot of equipment that sits outdoors, and I cannot imagine it myself

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #89  
This picture was from over a week ago when I poured it, but my ballast barrel is done. Moved it out into the driveway today for a final touchup and then I'll park it out back.

Need to weld another piece across the vertical angles for stiffness, and I planned to cut down the PVC pipes and maybe spray them black, too.

About 500 lbs in total. Only money spent was $25 on five bags of Quikrete. I originally had ideas to make it fancier but I was busy with work, then sick, so eventually I just threw it together and poured.

There's also a hitch receiver in the back for pulling a subsoiler/ripper tooth at some point.

Attachments

• Photo Oct 19 2023, 6 28 11 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 19 2023, 6 28 11 PM.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #90  
Something stupid that should never happen...

decided to check antifreeze in all the rigs tractor coolant was low enough couldn't get a full pull on the gage.
Topped up the rad with fresh Antifreeze and fired up the tractor to get the system hot and flowing so I could check it while that was going on went to other vehicles.
Came back from the AMX to hear the engine hunting RPM wise ran right over and pulled the kill injector pump shut off.

Opened up the diesel tank and sure enough completely empty.
No fuel at all. Refilled with treated diesel and a bit of 2 stroke oil.

Tractor fired right up ran it for 30 minutes but still surging.

Will re-fire today but may be bleeding an injector or 2 and then finishing up on the antifreeze. DOH.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2024 Swict 66in Skid Steer Bucket Attachment (A32932)
2024 Swict 66in...
2024 48in Skid Steer Forks and Frame (A32932)
2024 48in Skid...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
J STYLE CONCRETE FEED BUNK (A32908)
J STYLE CONCRETE...
B&w Weights (A33041)
B&w Weights (A33041)
Rhino 21 Gallon Tote Tank (A33719)
Rhino 21 Gallon...