What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #101  
I'm starting to think that wearing hearing protection while operating the tractor is a good idea. Can't hear the warning beeper that I installed for my brakes with hearing protection, but I can see the flasher. I think both the beep and the warning flasher together are good upgrades.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #102  
I'm starting to think that wearing hearing protection while operating the tractor is a good idea. Can't hear the warning beeper that I installed for my brakes with hearing protection, but I can see the flasher. I think both the beep and the warning flasher together are good upgrades.

I agree. The older I get the more hearing protection the better.

I figure with hearing protection I can hear roughly what those with cabs can hear.

/ What did you do for your tractor today?
I made a pair of cylinder safety locks using scrap L metal. 2 pieces laid over each other making a U shaped lock. I prefer the bucket raised to clean the air filter etc.
These will make it safe.

Attachments

• cylinder safety lock.jpg
    cylinder safety lock.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3579.JPG
    IMG_3579.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3580.JPG
    IMG_3580.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3581.JPG
    IMG_3581.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 79
With the FEL safely propped up I cleaned the air and fuel filter - Surprising amount of crap in the fuel filter bowl. Stainer doing it's job.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #105  
I made a pair of cylinder safety locks using scrap L metal. 2 pieces laid over each other making a U shaped lock. I prefer the bucket raised to clean the air filter etc.
These will make it safe.

With the FEL safely propped up I cleaned the air and fuel filter - Surprising amount of crap in the fuel filter bowl. Stainer doing it's job.

Much better than sticking a 2X6 under it. That would make a nice rainy day project for me. Thanks for the idea.

P1000910(2).JPG

gg

I added a proper parking brake warning light and flasher

Attachments

• IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 58
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #107  
Today I ordered some works lights with strobes. I found out last week after the time change how useless my headlights are for FEL work. Got a set for each side of the ROP,s. Ill wire the strobes to work with my four ways for road travel. Also ordered a Speco quick hitch.
Got a link for the work lights with built in strobe?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #109  
These will make it safe.

That looks like it was much easier to fabricate than my locks made of black iron pipe:

IMG_3737.jpeg
IMG_3736.jpeg

Splitting the pipe was kind of a pain in the butt. Turned out pretty good though. Definitely like the safety aspect.

Doug

That looks like it was much easier to fabricate than my locks made of black iron pipe:

View attachment 840450View attachment 840452
Splitting the pipe was kind of a pain in the butt. Turned out pretty good though. Definitely like the safety aspect.

Doug
Nice work Doug, and very safe looking. I decided on one mod for my open channel locks. I bought a couple of square lock pins. I will add a couple of tabs with holes for the pins so mine can 'fall' off.