What could have caused this ???

/ What could have caused this ??? #51  
Hello to all,

My brother lives in Chandler AZ, and he contacted me yesterday (Sunday) about 5pm CST. Said he heard what sounded like lightening, but it was clear blue sky except for high cirrus clouds. His back nbor stated they heard it too, and noticed the backside of his roof had damage.

Here are 3 diff pics. It looks like most of the damage is on the left (east) side snd as it goes westward, the damage lessens. He’s having a roof guy come out later today.

Pls let me know what you think? Thank you.
I would look for a meteor.

/ What could have caused this ??? #52  
One rainy afternoon our vet was standing by the horse barn when a tiny tornado came down in a field a few hundred yards away. It tore up about 50 feet of grass and sod like it had been plowed. Then just went back up and vanished.

/ What could have caused this ??? #53  
Hello to all,

My brother lives in Chandler AZ, and he contacted me yesterday (Sunday) about 5pm CST. Said he heard what sounded like lightening, but it was clear blue sky except for high cirrus clouds. His back nbor stated they heard it too, and noticed the backside of his roof had damage.

Here are 3 diff pics. It looks like most of the damage is on the left (east) side snd as it goes westward, the damage lessens. He’s having a roof guy come out later today.

UFO DEBRIS..YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY WILL FIX IT...

/ What could have caused this ??? #54  
The nightmares will start occurring in a few weeks and over time he will come to remember what really happened that day.
Just hope he doesnt end up like Randy Quaid in Independence Day.

/ What could have caused this ??? #55  
Incredible what winds will do. Was initially thinking it could be TFOA, as Jasper indicated or possibly some space debris or a small meteorite. One would hear likely a sonic boom before impact of a meteorite and it would likely penetrate the whole roof structure making a single hole. With wind there might have been some of the classic howling freight train tornado sounds preceding the damage.

/ What could have caused this ??? #56  
Doesn't look like wind to me . It looks like an object ripped it, Maybe something fell off an airplane, satellite etc.. I'd look around the adjoining area for an object. If it doesn't looked burned then I'd rule out a meteor. The sound is strange. wonder if it was from the ripping or something else as it fell... hummm

/ What could have caused this ??? #57  
Yikes! I was in my Sunroom facing S-E when out of a clear and quiet sky a Thunderbolt hit 70' away. It was about 10' in Diameter, and 5 fireballs went off surrounding it. The tower of fire lasted a couple seconds. Deafening noise.
There were holes in opposite directions that I could shove a tape measure into 15+ inches.
An arc went to my then 9' Dish and the surge took out my TV receiver. I went outside in the opposite direction but the hair immediately stood up on my arms so back in the house.
When working on pipelines and industrial plants, if you heard Thunder, work was stopped. Wind Shear is possible but it is usually accompanied by a thunder storm in my experience.

/ What could have caused this ??? #59  
Be careful what you tell your insurance company. Certain parts of my coverage exclude wind damage. I had a microburst-like incident several years ago that uprooted a large china berry tree which crushed one of my vehicles. The lady on the phone said I'm not covered for wind damage. I told her it wasn't the wind that crushed my car. It was tree damage.

If the microburst story holds true in your situation, that would be 100% wind damage. But you might be covered for wind, but check your policy first.

/ What could have caused this ??? #60  
Hello to all,

My brother lives in Chandler AZ

I've heard of something called HEAT LIGHTENING - so maybe 'out of a blue sky?"

But lightening, as I understand it, seeks the HIGHEST POINT, seeks the GROUND, and lightening RODS are made of metal.

With that in mind is it possible there was some sort of twister?

Or, if electrical, what was under those clay(?) roofing tiles that attracted a bolt from the blue?