What could have caused this ???

/ What could have caused this ??? #31  
...a 90-100mph microburst. ....mother nature is bad axx ...
A couple years ago we had a similar microburst remove the 12' X 40' lean-to from the side of our barn, fly that structure over the 60' length of the barn, fly another 100' towards our house and land next to our garage... there was no damage to the barn roof, not even a scratch... fortunately, the only damage to the garage was from a concrete footer which went through the window and landed on my workbench...

This is where the lean-to came from, the ledger board stayed attached to the barn...(that's a wall laying in this picture) the house/garage is visible in the distance...
IMG_8149.jpeg

This is where the lean-to landed, the window behind the destroyed awning is where the footer went through...
IMG_8152.jpeg

we weren't home at the time, but it had to be an impressive sight to see...

Bad ass, indeed!!!

/ What could have caused this ??? #32  
Hello to all,

My brother lives in Chandler AZ, and he contacted me yesterday (Sunday) about 5pm CST. Said he heard what sounded like lightening, but it was clear blue sky except for high cirrus clouds. His back nbor stated they heard it too, and noticed the backside of his roof had damage.

Here are 3 diff pics. It looks like most of the damage is on the left (east) side snd as it goes westward, the damage lessens. He’s having a roof guy come out later today.

Pls let me know what you think? Thank you.
I grew up in Arizona and there was what was called HEAT lightning. Other than that, could a large drone have impacted the house?

/ What could have caused this ??? #33  
Had similar happen to me one night on a javelina hunt near Kingman, AZ. Microburst picked up my large "EZ-up" awning that was staked to the ground in camp, and carried it over my tent and set it down again directly in a prickly pear cactus patch a couple hundred yards away. The frame on the EZ-up was badly bent, but the funny thing was everything that was sitting on my large camp table under the awning was perfectly fine. Even the plates and cups were sitting where they were placed. Didn't even break my (glass) coffee pot or knock over my camp stove.

/ What could have caused this ??? #34  
Somebody at Sky Harbor might have some 'splan'n to do.
Is his house in line with a highway? I could see a wheel bouncing up off a curb and doing that. Which means the wheel is some where down range from the line on the roof. . :)
Interesting theory. One my coworkers had a dual wheel/drum/axle part company with the milk truck, hit the car parked in his front yard and get launched into his attic. At 3am. They slept right through and never heard a thing until the driver was out front ringing his doorbell.

/ What could have caused this ??? #35  
A microburst is exceedingly unlikely if the sky conditions were really as described. Their generation requires CU (thunderstorm) clouds. I assume the "sounded like lightning" means a thunder sound. I would wonder if a tiny meteorite might have impacted the roof. they can generate a supersonic shock wave that sounds like thunder and cause a lot of damage for their tiny size. Just guessin'.

/ What could have caused this ??? #36  
Microbursts can be wet or dry, but they’re only associated with thunderstorms.

If the damage was due to impact from a falling object there would be more broken tiles and the damage wouldn’t be spread out over the length of the roof.

I think that the most likely explanation is a dust devil. The atmospheric conditions were right and they can be just tens of feet in diameter, causing very localized damage.

/ What could have caused this ??? #37  
Seems like fragmented small meteorite is most plausible. Go with anything that the insurance will pay for.

/ What could have caused this ??? #38  
It's obviously the work of Tr--ps little friend Rocket Man.
He's been firing missiles willy nilly lately.
Maybe one got away on him.

/ What could have caused this ??? #39  
I'm not buying the micro burst hypothesis at all. The tiles would have been scattered by the whirl wind. A few tiles are cracked. Something strafed this roof in a line. And I think it landed on the left, and ran off to the right. So somewhere to the right of the property you will find the object.

/ What could have caused this ??? #40  
Had a microburst about two years ago. Saw it. 30 feet wide by hundreds long. Took out some trees like a new path in the woods...section of fence...half a run in shed roof 20 feet wide...15 feet off the barn roof...another section of fence and then some more trees as it left the property. Flipping unreal.
The run in shed roof came off in one piece and laid next to the shed. The barn roof was not as clean...mangled actually. The trees some topped off others pushed over. Nice straight line.
Mother Nature is amazing.