What could have caused this ???

/ What could have caused this ??? #71  
Have you noticed an increase or a decrease in your local roadrunner population? Are you finding random wooden crates with ACME stencils on them laying around? 😁
So obvious I'm surprised nobody thought of it earlier. Smack myself in the forehead.:geek:

/ What could have caused this ??? #72  
Were any jets flying overhead when this happened? I've seen similar damage while I was a roofing contractor, now retired. Turned out to be a chunk of blue ice. You should see what that stuff does to a slate roof. If so the airport can tell what plane was flying over and the airline will be responsible for all repair costs.

/ What could have caused this ??? #73  
If you listen to most news media they will tell you that was caused by climate change and internal combustion engines. And maybe a touch of covid.
Actually, what you posted is demonstrably false.
What I hate here in my part of Alabama in the summer they have Department of Transportation Tractors that are counterweighted on one side and on the other side they have a Bush Hog turned vertical and they drive down the road cutting tree branches. The stop chains are also vertical at this time too. Throws wood out all sides, but I know of no damage ever happening YET ! Once was walking on my daily route and a family hired a guy with a Skid Steer with a forestry mulcher on the front and he threw a large limb out of the front and I had to take a few steps avoiding the spinning pine branch coming my way. Not a Happy Camper for sure ! Doubt this get a roof, but a windshield would be a for sure guess.
My county does this too. Bush Hogs type rotary cutters in the vertical trimming tree branches. But maybe the drivers operating these are more observant because they always stop trimming whenever I drive by. Granted, I never just blast by these roadside operations, I always give them plenty of room whenever I need to pass them on our two lane roads, just common courtesy. But they all seem to watch out for passing traffic and more than once I have heard the rotary cutter winding down as I drove past.

/ What could have caused this ???
Well, the roof has been repaired. They did a good job and have a 2 yr warranty. Cost was $4200.

The cause was definitively a high wind occurrence, yet no thunderstorms or other bc weather was clear blue skies w only high cirrus clouds. The underpinning felt paper and plywood was completely undamaged. No other house in the perimeter of his was affected, other than excessive debris blown in their pools.

Pretty bizarre to say the least, but if the X-Files ever starts up again, here’s the material for an episode.

Hope everyone is doing well. Send some rains our way.,

Attachments

• 577042E4-9A9E-4921-B68C-2AA6E15BD3ED.jpeg
    577042E4-9A9E-4921-B68C-2AA6E15BD3ED.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 46
   / What could have caused this ??? #75  
Well, the roof has been repaired. They did a good job and have a 2 yr warranty. Cost was $4200.

The cause was definitively a high wind occurrence, yet no thunderstorms or other bc weather was clear blue skies w only high cirrus clouds. The underpinning felt paper and plywood was completely undamaged. No other house in the perimeter of his was affected, other than excessive debris blown in their pools.

Pretty bizarre to say the least, but if the X-Files ever starts up again, here’s the material for an episode.

Hope everyone is doing well. Send some rains our way.,

Thanks for the update bro! ☮️✌🏻

/ What could have caused this ??? #77  
About 10 years ago I was in the sauna change room looking out the window and I saw something strange. A dust devil came from the west, encircled the old red garage, picked up and bent some roof tins on both sides. I could see through the roof when the tins were picked up.
Dust was swirling around the garage for maybe 30 seconds and then it moved away.

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have had any idea of what happened.