What attachment do I need?

/ What attachment do I need? #11  
I was going to say Box blade also but that pic of what the land plane did was impressive.

/ What attachment do I need? #12  
I traded in a landscape rake, a box blade and an arena groomer on a TR3. It really works, if you have enough tractor to pull it…

/ What attachment do I need? #13  
You really need a vertical tilting grader blade for a driveway but that said a box blade is so effective for leveling and refurbishing land that I would buy both.

/ What attachment do I need? #14  
Rear blade/back blade .... Able to do everything listed by box blade or land planes and way more. But requires a bit of learning curve to master.

/ What attachment do I need? #15  
Snow finally melted enough to dress up the street, it was getting washboards in it. Ditches were still too muddy so I left them alone this trip. I need the gravel that's in them, the base is getting thin. Turned out pretty good. I just sold my box blade, I never use it.

1222221220.jpg
0914211440.jpg

/ What attachment do I need? #17  
My votes, Box Blade or Rear Blade. Broad uses.

I consider the Land Plane Grade System similarly to a Zero Turn mower. Very limited on projects where they are effective. But, in those projects, they are the best choice.

/ What attachment do I need? #18  
Box blade for sure, love how well they fill in the voids , rear blade for heavy cutting and angle work.

/ What attachment do I need? #19  
   / What attachment do I need? #20  
The absolute best implement I can recommend is real nice but spendy even as a manual adjustable type. It's would be a back blade that has angle, tilt, and offset along with a set of bolt on end caps - and also has a blade that reverses (most do that).

Box blades are real handy - but not in all soil types - so the end caps let a back blade do the work of either a back blade and a box blade - more adjustably - and all in the same implement.
Woods has them. So do others.

OR, THE OTHER WAY.....For very little money, you can just get an old angling backblade that has enough rotation so that the blade can be reversed and then first of alll pull it with the blade facing backwards. Pulling it like that lessens the tendency that newbies have of taking a new tractor and making an old smooth road into a washboard road. You'll know what I mean after you do it.

Now unfortunately that old inexpensive back blade doesn't have a tilt adjustment - and you need to hold the blade tilted to do the initial ditch cleaning and also for the final crowning. So get your blade to work at a tilt by setting the 3pt lift arms at different lengths so that the tilt stays the same as you raise and lower the blade.

Also check and see if it can offset - some old blade can be offset. In fact, that's actually more common than a tilt-adjustable blade - and you''ll find the offset very handy for the ditches.

Try not to bend anything when cleaning out the ditches.

good luck - smoothing drives is harder than it looks the first few times.
rScotty