Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #41  
That's what I said.

?? Your first post in this thread that I see was tonight at 7:07 pm? Mine was 3 weeks ago. But at any rate, if we agree, that's called a consensus...

And yes, most common use electrical solder used to be 60/40 tin/lead. These days it's mostly lead-free, and that's mostly tin. No, it's not the same as silver solder (usually silver/copper/zinc, in order of most to least composition percentage). Also, "heat and melt" shrink solder connectors are very unlikely to use legit electrical solder - more likely to use some sort of bismuth alloy "low-melt" solder.

Last edited:
   / Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #42  
I have a somewhat related question on the subject of low-voltage wire connecting:

What do you all do for T-joints (like you might find on trailer wiring)?

I'm happy to solder joints, but how do you seal them after? Even putting 2 of the wires inline makes it hard to get a good seal with heat shrink.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #43  
I have a somewhat related question on the subject of low-voltage wire connecting:

I'm happy to solder joints, but how do you seal them after? Even putting 2 of the wires inline makes it hard to get a good seal with heat shrink.
Liquid tape.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #44  
Adhesive lined heat shrink.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #45  
Instead of the end with the two wires coming out directly side by side, I separate them a bit and while the heat shrink is still warm and melted slightly, squeeze the area in between the two wires with a pair of needlenose pliers. You don't squeeze the crap outta' them, just enough to make the tubing conform to each wire and stick together.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #46  
Somewhat water resistant junction box/bus bars work great on larger trailer wiring. Crimp style split splices make me cringe. As mentioned earlier Marine style heat shrink has adhesive/ sealing properties on inside. Quite a few different options out there not requiring soldering.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221-000416.png
    Screenshot_20240221-000416.png
    790.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20240220-233435.png
    Screenshot_20240220-233435.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 17