Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #1  

Buggs67

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2014 CK2510 TLB
1702854597773.png

These connectors are on sale right now at Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T1HYJ9G/ref=twister_B08HLLPW6V?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #2  
Coworker ordered a couple kits of butt splices from Amazon for our work trucks.

To tell you the truth, I was disappointed. The kit seemed really nice. But the metal they use is way too soft so the crimp is extremely weak.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #3  
I have quit using amazon except for name brand items where I know the quality before I purchase.
Amazon to me, turned into a real crapshoot with some items being counterfeit or lacking in quality.
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" has started to make me rethink a lot of purchases after having several items in a row not pan out.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #4  
I quit buying ANY alkaline battery,, ANY ,, because they are all counterfeit!!

It started on Amazon, then even Energizers from Sam's Club must be counterfeit.
I say that, because now, even Duracell, and Energizer batteries leak!!

I only use Amazon rechargeable now,, more $$$ , but, NO LEAKAGE corrosion!!

So, if all alkaline batteries seem to be counterfeit, ANYTHING can be!!

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #5  
Coworker ordered a couple kits of butt splices from Amazon for our work trucks.

To tell you the truth, I was disappointed. The kit seemed really nice. But the metal they use is way too soft so the crimp is extremely weak.
Most of these are not crimp but solder and shrink with a heat gun. Works well but really hard if you get lazy and try a lighter....
Soft metal inside is just a tin solder not crimp sleeve.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #6  

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #7  
Is there any flux included in these? The completed solder joint looked like a bad solder joint, like no flux was used in the connection. There were strands of wire that didn't have any solder on them.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #8  
these come up a bit, they work fine if your patient, i actually made a video, because everyone said how much they suck and aren't strong.

link to what i used is in the video

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #9  
Is there any flux included in these? The completed solder joint looked like a bad solder joint, like no flux was used in the connection. There were strands of wire that didn't have any solder on them.
I bought a set of these butt splice waterproof connectors. The metal alloy used of course melts at a very low temperature. As near as I can tell there is no flux. Anyway, before trusting the connectors I tested them. If CLEAN copper wire is used then the alloy wets the wire just fine and the joint is mechanically sound. Oxidized copper wire WILL NOT be wetted and the joint will fail. For making up butt splices with clean wire when all you have is a heat gun or similar these connectors seem to be fine. I will be using them for some joints.
Eric

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #10  
Most of these are not crimp but solder and shrink with a heat gun. Works well but really hard if you get lazy and try a lighter....
Soft metal inside is just a tin solder not crimp sleeve.
Your just assuming. The kits we have are crimp with heat shrink on the ends. Not a solder connection.