Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #11  
Your just assuming. The kits we have are crimp with heat shrink on the ends. Not a solder connection.
True and why I said "most", as usual the assume rule is true for me. ;)

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #12  
True and why I said "most", as usual the assume rule is true for me. ;)
I posted because his link above said "Waterproof Solderless" was the same kits my coworker purchased for the work trucks.

I test the crimp before heat shrinking the ends by giving the wires a tug. The last thing I need or want is to get called back by a pi$$Ed off customer because my repair didn't hold.

That's when I discovered that it's super flimsy metal inside those connectors and you only get a half arsed crimp on them.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #13  
The link goes to the solder type connectors thus my bad assumption 🍻
ColorRED BLUE YELLOW WHITE
Gauge10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26
Connector TypeSolder
Contact MaterialTin
Insulation MaterialPolyethylene

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #14  
I have never used the connectors being discussed. I prefer old school soldering with heat shrink tubing. Learning to solder at a young age is a skill that has served me well for the last 50 years.

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #15  
The good name brand ones are worth their price. Molex or Nytex are really good connectors.

I agree that I think some of the confusion is people are trying to crimp the ones designed to be soldered. but yes, there are cheap butt connectors that are designed to be crimped that just suck and the metal is indeed thin. But that hasnt changed.....there were cheap crappy connectors before the heat-shrink ones became more popular and common.

Soldering....as in "old school" is actually not an approved method of repair by many OEM's. Its not without faults. The heating and wicking of the solder can damage insulation, and leave a stiff joint that is prone to breakage with vibration or movement.

Im sure there are gonna be alot of people that say "I have never had any issues with solder and been doing it for 30 years"....well there are gonna be an equal number that can say the same things about butt connectors.

OEM's use crimp fittings. Both can fail if done improperly. But a crimped fitting done properly vs a soldered fitting done properly....the crimped fitting is gonna outlast the soldered one is most scenerios

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #16  
Coworker ordered a couple kits of butt splices from Amazon for our work trucks.

To tell you the truth, I was disappointed. The kit seemed really nice. But the metal they use is way too soft so the crimp is extremely weak.
I use these connectors and I agree about the weak crimp. This can be minimized if the shrink bonds correctly with the wire insulation but this doesn't always happen.

The product I received does not solder and needs to be crimped. This may be the reason it is on sale.
There is a newer version available:

Last edited:
   / Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #17  
I use these connectors and I agree about the weak crimp. This can be minimized if the shrink bonds correctly with the wire insulation but this doesn't always happen.

The product I received does not solder and needs to be crimped. This may be the reason it is on sale.
There is a newer version available:

my youtube video above demonstrates these

/ Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #18  
   / Waterproof Solderless Heat Shrink Butt Terminal on sale #19  
At the power plant we used Sta-Kon or Thomas Betts for the small stuff. I think I recall a Panduit box of crimps possibly some other name brands. Our crimp storage was supplied by the local electrical supply house. I bought some amazon crimps and they were slightly stiffer than putty. My favorite crimp tool is the Klein with the dimple.
1703006769256.jpeg