Water line to barn?????

/ Water line to barn????? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I'm running a 3/4" black plastic water line from the garage bathroom 180 ft. to a frost proof hydrant at a new barn. Most lines around here they dig 18", this I went 30"(minimum).
I drilled 3" hole in concrete bath floor, put in a foot long piece of 3" PVC* (Water line, electric, phone, Cat5e all going through this, so 3/4" water+1.5" elec conduit+3/4" elec conduit).
My question is this. Bathroom* is heated to above freezing all winter, usually 50F. The 3" PVC...should I stuff fiberglass insulation down it or Great Stuff spray? Should I wrap pipe with insulation outside where it goes up under floor? Should I simply pack dirt back in like it was?
Thanks. 20190614_162352.jpg20190614_162418.jpg20190613_192417.jpg

/ Water line to barn?????
Put something in it that you can get back out when it has to be done to code.
What code?!?
My only ? I'm hoping for an answer...should I or should I not insulate the water pipe where it goes down until it gets underground? All I'm asking.

/ Water line to barn????? #4  
I'd use foam instead of fiberglass. I'd also use a corrugated sleeve over the pipe in the ground.

I'd use foam instead of fiberglass. I'd also use a corrugated sleeve over the pipe in the ground.
Around here I've never heard of corrugated sleeve. I have foam pipe wrap...it's split, you stick it together. If I do that then fill dirt, think that's ok?

/ Water line to barn????? #6  
Around here I've never heard of corrugated sleeve. I have foam pipe wrap...it's split, you stick it together. If I do that then fill dirt, think that's ok?
Here we use it to help protect the pipe from rocks. If it isn't handy there I don't see why you couldn't put some sand to do the same.

Here we use it to help protect the pipe from rocks. If it isn't handy there I don't see why you couldn't put some sand to do the same.
I'm lucky here, clean fill no rocks. Hydrant end in gravel but it's protected. My main concern was insulating pipe going up into bathroom.

/ Water line to barn????? #8  
Foam should help stop the black polly from bouncing around inside the 3 inch PVC a little. Not sure if you can get enough in there or not. Just remember that every time you turn the water on and off, that black polly is going to move inside the pipe.

It's all pex connected and works great. Foam looks like best choice. Fiberglass if it gets rain wet outside that's real bad for freezing in winter.