Walk Behind Snow Blower Issue

/ Walk Behind Snow Blower Issue #1  

JohnnyMX

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200
The last time I used my walk behind snowblower (older Craftsman model) I found that the local ad agency was kind enough to leave the penny saver in the driveway under the snow. "Boom.. boom....FOOOMP" out comes a newspaper. Ever since then the auger separates a bit as it must have stretched out the distance between both of the sides of the blower and now the auger can slip out of the two pivots.

Anyone ever had something like that happen or have a good idea of how I can bend or weld it back. I have a feeling a ratchet strap would keep it together just fine, but I obviously don't want that on there when it is running. I haven't used it in years, but it fired right up the other day and I'd like to dump it, but want it working for whoever buys it.

/ Walk Behind Snow Blower Issue #2  
The last time I used my walk behind snowblower (older Craftsman model) I found that the local ad agency was kind enough to leave the penny saver in the driveway under the snow. "Boom.. boom....FOOOMP" out comes a newspaper. Ever since then the auger separates a bit as it must have stretched out the distance between both of the sides of the blower and now the auger can slip out of the two pivots.

Anyone ever had something like that happen or have a good idea of how I can bend or weld it back. I have a feeling a ratchet strap would keep it together just fine, but I obviously don't want that on there when it is running. I haven't used it in years, but it fired right up the other day and I'd like to dump it, but want it working for whoever buys it.
AH yes, the cellulose land mine, it is a common occurrence.
What happened with yours is the shear pins did not break.

For me it was the extension cord snake in my snow pup,
downright vicious in removing it as it kept trying to bite me.

If the side weldments are stressed like that there is not much
you can do other than bolting some flat stock together in three
pieces with angle iron used to bolt the top to the sides. and using
carriage bolts to hold it in place.

If the cross auger housing is so bowed out as you say there is really
nothing other than buying a replacement housing for it.

You could sell it as a parts donor machine or use it to make a
snowzilla machine if the rest of it is in good shape.

Are you ready for the wind etc?

/ Walk Behind Snow Blower Issue #3  
If you plan on selling it, I’d say don’t bother fixing it, just because something else might break in the process.

Obviously just disclose the issue in the ad and say that you’ve adjusted the price down to reflect that…….

Probably find a potential buyer that may know if an easy fix.

Just my two cents……

/ Walk Behind Snow Blower Issue #4  
My walk behind blower ate a rolled up and frozen weakly shopper. I really wanted to give it back to him but I didn't know where he lived.

/ Walk Behind Snow Blower Issue
I hear you seville009, about selling it. I may do that if there is no reasonably quick fix. I figured a BFH might help bend things back but no luck there. I haven't given it more than a few whacks. Was also wondering if something as easy as a threaded rod may hold it all together out in front away from the auger of course. Not a huge fan of any extra pieces in near the auger.