UTV - Trying to Decide

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #191  
I like the unusual
I almost bought a coot but it had a single cylinder diesel conversion. The vibration would make you nauseous

The search continues

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #192  
I still want a old school Gator 6x4 diesel with a Curtis cab, but I heard vital parts are now discontinued? I was going to buy one for sale locally on FBM, but my JD parts guy thinks I will have issues with finding some parts.

1708261734165.jpeg

The new version of the 6x4 looks like it’s built out of Tupperware (n) , but still has similar drivetrain.

Wish I had more real useable information.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #193  
I seriously considered a Kubota (like my tractor) but dealers are 2 hour drives away plus most of their mechanics are not very familiar with other than AG grade tractors. Yamaha is also a fine brand, but the local dealer is "into" sales, not service, and it's primarily for motorcycles. So, a Honda, and I realize it's a local consideration. The service department is great and my 2006 ATV is still going strong. If you want quiet and a cab, I'd recommend the 1000 cc model, as it's the only 2 cylinder UTV they have and it also is the only one with a "turf mode" option for the rear wheels that doesn't rut up lawns when you turn (most ATVs/UTVs have solid rear axles, no differential). I've now had a Honda 700 pioneer for 2 years, and it's rock solid reliable regardless of weather or ground cover (mud, debris, snow, etc). Note Honda does have "recreational" UTVs, which are way faster and "sexier" and your kids would love one, but if you want to haul something (like a deer) or use the UTV for work, forget about it.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #194  
My problem is mine has to be diesel. I am not carrying straight gas on my truck. Already have diesel tank and 50:1 chainsaw/blower mix. That’s enough for me.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #195  
(most ATVs/UTVs have solid rear axles, no differential). I've now had a Honda 700 pioneer for 2 years, and it's rock solid reliable regardless of weather or ground cover (mud, debris, snow, etc). Note Honda does have "recreational" UTVs, which are way faster and "sexier" and your kids would love one, but if you want to haul something (like a deer) or use the UTV for work, forget about it.
I've been operating various atv's and utv's for over 20 years and they all had differential axles. I've never even seen a solid rear axle. Where are you located and which machines have these solid ones you refer to?

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #196  
I've been operating various atv's and utv's for over 20 years and they all had differential axles. I've never even seen a solid rear axle. Where are you located and which machines have these solid ones you refer to?
I saw a video by that nurse-turned farmer. He had a few models and one had a solid rear axle. I want to say it was a Honda Foreman. Just some models/years had it. He had a similar one with the independent axles.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #197  
All of mine have solid rear axles, Honda, Yamaha Suzuki all below 500cc. The Kawasaki Brute has independent rear suspension but the rears are still locked together, it can even lock up the fronts for true 4x4.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #198  
All of mine have solid rear axles, Honda, Yamaha Suzuki all below 500cc. The Kawasaki Brute has independent rear suspension but the rears are still locked together, it can even lock up the fronts for true 4x4.
what year are these machines?

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #199  
2000's but even today unless you units have a "turf" mode the rear axles are usually locked on a common carrier, at least up to 2020. Polaris did offer unlocking rear diff earlier than most and some OLD bayous had it. Don't confuse independent rear suspension with a unlocked or limited rear differential.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #200  
2000's but even today unless you units have a "turf" mode the rear axles are usually locked on a common carrier, at least up to 2020. Polaris did offer unlocking rear diff earlier than most and some OLD bayous had it. Don't confuse independent rear suspension with a unlocked or limited rear differential.
So 20yo machines? I'm quite familuer to these machines since I used them for work and used many different ones over that time. Mostly Yamaha and BRP's. Still looking for all these "solid rear axles".