UTV - Trying to Decide

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #101  
I'm thinking about this one at the moment: The Warrior 800 4WD Off Road Vehicle | UTV - David Grays Aglink. Has anyone had any experience with the Warrior 800?
I see that this was posted back in May of 21.
But I do have one and I'm fairly well pleased with it.
It will run fairly fast when I'm in Hi on the road 45 mph isn't bad.
The ride is very good on rough ground.
The locking diffs in both ends work well.
Seating for 3 side by side is nice.
It is wide compared to other side by sides.
The electrics can be a bit flaky at times, the wiring in the fuse block will self disconnect in places requiring
some head scratching to figure out what is going on. Finding the bad connections and opening the locking
tabs prior to reinstalling them seems to cure that.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #102  
I’m probably too late to this party, but did anyone say “Argo”?

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #103  
I’m probably too late to this party, but did anyone say “Argo”?
Without going back through and reading all the pages, I cant recall. Are they still made?

I do have two antique COOTs. Great little amphibious, articulated UTVs from the 1960s. Both of mine are down at the moment: one waiting for me to rebuild the transmission, the other needing new tires and a tune up.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #104  
Always wanted a coot, I like the unusual
Argo still made, I think mine is 2015?

they have their uses. I’m not sure I would want it as my only utv machine but when u need to get there through about anything it is great

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #105  
Amazing how much some of these things cost. You could buy a nice used 4x4 truck for equivalent money.

Having said that ... I do own a UTV ... bought it about 5 years ago for $10K. It is a Cub Cadet Volunteer. It's been a pretty good UTV but I think it's about time to have some transmission work done. I had a problem only weeks after purchase that should have been an easy warranty situation - but - Cub Cadet was WORTHLESS in support of their warranty. So ... while I like my UTV ... I will N E V E R buy another Cub Cadet product.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #106  
My 63 Cj5 is same size as neighbor’s prior rtv
rtv is about 2” shorter but 6” wider. I got to compare side to side and on trails when I had to pull him out.

The flatfenders are even smaller
Mitsubishi, manufactured military jeeps under license for years. Thier final version had a 6-cylinder diesel. Really nice little rigs off road.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #107  
I'm shopping for a cabbed UTV, and investigated the Defender based on this thread. But I found something odd: the Defender spec for bed weight capacity differs significantly-- for CA only? Why?

Cargo Box Capacity
  • 1,000 lb (454 kg) / California only: 600 lb (272.2 kg)

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #108  
I'm shopping for a cabbed UTV, and investigated the Defender based on this thread. But I found something odd: the Defender spec for bed weight capacity differs significantly-- for CA only? Why?

Cargo Box Capacity
  • 1,000 lb (454 kg) / California only: 600 lb (272.2 kg)
Don't know for sure...but I remember reading a discussion about this on one of the Defender forums some time back. Consensus was that there was NO difference in weight carrying ability between the CA and 49-state models. They are all built the same. Seems California insisted that a sticker be put on models sold in that state limiting bed capacity to 600 lbs to meet some bureaucratic rule they had.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #109  
My 2013 Polaris Brutus continues to work despite my best efforts :D Just fired it up the other day (needed to move it) after sitting for a long time (through a lot of cold and snow)- still the original battery! 1,250 payload. It's a pig of pigs, but going fast on my property just ain't going to happen. I ALWAYS have fuel on-hand as I have a bulk diesel fuel tank. There are always a lot of operational things that people don't consider that add into the overall mix of what makes something good or not. The "U" in UTV is for UTILITY: I'm too busy to be messing with toys.

If I had a lot of extra money I'd like to have a Toolcat: I can mostly handle everything with what I have, but they're pretty cool.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #110  
If your worried about bed capacity get a JDM mini-truck. All of them have a sticker saying it is limited to 350kg. But that is the most you can carry rad legal in Japan because of a max GVW, in the kei class laws. in reality they can haul about half a ton, and 3/4 ton at low speeds.