USA made bearings?

/ USA made bearings? #51  
Agreed. I don't know if all Timken bearings are made in the U.S., but all the ones I've bought are.

Koyo is a Japanese company, but there's a Koyo plant that makes bearings close to where I live in Orangeburg, SC.

I've had really good luck with Timkin and Koyo

/ USA made bearings? #53  
Nobody said whose life. I wonder that with Snap-on too, guarantee for my lifetime, or will they say "well its dead. Warranty expired"
Actually the lifetime warranty with the big 3 tool companies is garbage.

They change something in the design of the tool thus making the tool you broke obsolete and no longer valid for the lifetime warranty.

/ USA made bearings? #54  
Just replaced the spindle bearings in my Bridgeport Versa-Trak. You want to talk about big buck bearings, those are high precision ABEC Class 5 and only SKF has them. How about 300 bucks each and the head requires 4 sets.

/ USA made bearings? #55  
Did you look on the bearing inside the SKF box? I bought these from NAPA. Read the box, then read what's stamped in the race, something doesn't match up, but I can't quite put my finger on it....

Attachments

• KIMG5198_1.JPG
    KIMG5198_1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
   / USA made bearings? #56  
But to answer the OP's question, yes, there are bearings made in the USA, but you can't buy them. Schatz Bearing in Poughkeepsie, NY makes bearings in their facility, however they make the utmost quality bearings only for organizations like NASA! I live near there, I called them when I needed bearings for my axle, they said no.

/ USA made bearings? #57  
There is a NTN bearing plant in Hamilton AL I have worked there as a contractor several times. It has been there many years and still is.

/ USA made bearings? #58  
Did you look on the bearing inside the SKF box? I bought these from NAPA. Read the box, then read what's stamped in the race, something doesn't match up, but I can't quite put my finger on it....
Apparently China has annexed Japan, I missed that on the news.

/ USA made bearings? #59  
Actually the lifetime warranty with the big 3 tool companies is garbage.
I've found (from first hand experience) that the best warranty is actually Harbor Freight on their mid grade and better hand tools and especially sockets. I've tried hard to break their impact sockets and so far, zilch.

Last time I was on a tool truck (Snap-On), I needed a 12 volt test light. The guy handed me a real pretty Snap on one in a snazzy box and I opened it and it said right on the tool, 'Made in China' It was almost a hundred bucks. I passed and went to HF and bought one for under 20 bucks.

/ USA made bearings? #60  
The box was made in Japan. The bearing in China :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: