Ugliest Yanmar contest

/ Ugliest Yanmar contest #12  
20+ Years ago, I had a 30hp 790 Deere that was made by Yanmar. It was ugly, but tougher than nails. The only reason it couldn' push something with the FEL that weighed 2.5 times the tractor weight because it ran out of gravity. I'll have to see if I can dig up some old pictures of it.

/ Ugliest Yanmar contest #16  
Not quite winners but maybe honorable mention? :)

The YM186D on the left dyno-tested higher than its spec horsepower. At age 30+.
Every panel had dents. I wondered if there had been an angry girlfriend sometime in the past.
This is Yanmar's smallest model with PowerShift. Great for mowing and rototilling under the canopy of my orchard trees.

Then after several years search I found what I really wanted. Same but with the rare power steering option, and factory loader. Sold the first one. (and moved its better wheels/tires to this one).
I bought a new plastic upper grille for this one but I haven't installed it. Some day I'll take the hood to an auto body shop to get it shaped right.

p1740122rym186d-both-jpg.345514

Last edited:
   / Ugliest Yanmar contest #19  
Not quite winners but maybe honorable mention? :)

The YM186D on the left dyno-tested higher than its spec horsepower. At age 30+.
Every panel had dents. I wondered if there had been an angry girlfriend sometime in the past.
This is Yanmar's smallest model with PowerShift. Great for mowing and rototilling under the canopy of my orchard trees.

Then after several years search I found what I really wanted. Same but with the rare power steering option, and factory loader. Sold the first one. (and moved its better wheels/tires to this one).
I bought a new plastic upper grille for this one but I haven't installed it. Some day I'll take the hood to an auto body shop to get it right.

p1740122rym186d-both-jpg.345514
Lookin good for their age. They made the headlight cowling out of plastic that breaks, but at least they used real metal mesh for the radiator grill. IMO, I suspect 40 year Kubotas will be faded to something much more hideous.