TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak
Most likely a 12 MM, if I remember correctly, that's what fits a 1/2" BSP plug. Just make sure you fully sit the allen key or it will be a pain to take it out.

Actually, you may want to use a hammer and hit the face of the plug a couple of times. Not to break stuff but the shock helps it break that bond and loosen up easily.
Your memory is sharp. I have a request in to Nimco for a sleeve. Here's what the port looks like:
original_b8b0b6dc-1f44-47ac-a081-62c1bc0447e2_PXL_20221207_225120274.jpg

Just wanted to chime in and point out how awesome y'all are. This has been educational. Power beyond is one of those things I haven't been able to wrap my head around. Still not quite there, but I have a better idea now. Probably need to re-read a few dozen times.
This is much farther down the rabbit hole I thought I'd go with this problem - the willingness of the experts here to chime in and help with something like this is indeed impressive!

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #42  
When researching for a power beyond sleeve from Nimco it may be helpful to know they often times call it High Pressure Carry Over (HPCO). If you look in their manuals that is what they call power beyond.

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #43  
Your memory is sharp. I have a request in to Nimco for a sleeve. Here's what the port looks like:
View attachment 773657

This is much farther down the rabbit hole I thought I'd go with this problem - the willingness of the experts here to chime in and help with something like this is indeed impressive!
Mo
I could be wrong but that port does not look like it would accept a power beyond sleeve either. Are there any other plugs on that end of the valve?

If I think about looking tomorrow I might still have the original nimco valve from my Branson. This might provide some insight on where the power port was on that valve.

In looking at Nimco loader valve on there website port P1 was the one that the PB sleeve went into.

Last edited:
   / TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #44  
It looks right to me.

View attachment 773657

It's not hard to see how one can become confused. Once you get past a dozen or so replies often half of them are incorrect, incomplete, and/or just plain frustrating. Everyone claims to have the right answers and you get to decide who to believe.

Last edited:
   / TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #45  
Mo
I could be wrong but that port does not look like it would accept a power beyond sleeve either. Are there any other plugs on that end of the valve?

If I think about looking tomorrow I might still have the original nimco valve from my Branson. This might provide some insight on where the power port was on that valve.

In looking at Nimco loader valve on there website port P1 was the one that the PB sleeve went into.
You can see the machined bore to accept the PB sleeve on that picture.

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #46  
Classic example of conflicting opinions. To me the bore looks right. To someone else, it doesn't. Which to believe?

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #47  
Classic example of conflicting opinions. To me the bore looks right. To someone else, it doesn't. Which to believe?
Harry
100% agree on conflicting opinions. What concerns me in that picture is what looks like machined groove in the side of the cavity bore. In studying further is this a reflection or optical illusion caused by the oil? If they groove is actually there the PB sleeve would not seal

I see I typoed on previous post should say port T1 is where PB sleeve goes per Nimco website today not P1.

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #48  
My opinion on opinions is they can be helpful to double check things before mistakes happen. After all we are diagnosing this stuff from pictures and a few words. In the end it normally gets resolved.

Now everyone can give their opinion on my opinion about opinions.

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #49  
Mo,
Here are some pictures of my CV122 Nimco loader valve. I am not a photographer but these will hopefully provide a little guidance.

Side view of the PB sleeve removed
PB plug.jpg

PB sleeve installed in valve

PB Location.jpg

Top view of valve. PB is cut off but would be on right side of valve

Valve top.jpg

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #50  
I'm not a hydraulics expert like all the other responders are but in post 33 something inside the valve sure looks like it's cracked/broken to me. I don't believe there should be any fragmented edges inside of a valve! Just my .02 cents.