TYM 494 3rd function remote

/ TYM 494 3rd function remote #1  
Tractor
TYM 494, Farmall F12, Allis WC unstyled, Allis B, Farmall BN, Allis C, Farmall Cub, Farmall Cub low boy, Gibson Model D
The 494 is set up for a 3rd function remote. Has anyone used this function? How was it to set up? I am thinking of putting on a grapple.

/ TYM 494 3rd function remote #2  
I believe on those newer series, the 3rd function comes built-in in the loader valve. It's just a mater of running the hoses to the loader if it doesn't have the hoses already.

To use it, you should have two switches on the joystick.

/ TYM 494 3rd function remote #3  
I just purchased a TYM 474 cab and I was sold on the 3rd function ready capability. I however found out after the purchase that it is ONLY a 3rd function attachable loader valve and you will still need the parts and hoses to make it function. That's an additional cost of $850-900 + tax depending on dealer.

/ TYM 494 3rd function remote #4  
The 494 is set up for a 3rd function remote. Has anyone used this function? How was it to set up? I am thinking of putting on a grapple.
Did you ever buy the kit to put on ? The service here in Canada for tym parts is just horrible.

/ TYM 494 3rd function remote #5  
The TYM factory kit is WAAAYY nicer than the WR Long kits, it comes with steel tubes going down the loader. And it is a true 3rd function, just not a diverter valve. This is on my T474
IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

Last edited:
   / TYM 494 3rd function remote #7  
The TYM factory kit is WAAAYY nicer than the WR Long kits, it comes with steel tubes going down the loader. And it is a true 3rd function, just not a diverter valve. This is on my T474
View attachment 775813
View attachment 775814
I wish i had the parts # to order it . Mine is just 3rd function ready . I thought it was all on there when in bought the tractor . But now i'am looking for the kit . Someone on here must have the parts #

/ TYM 494 3rd function remote #8  
I had the 3rd added to mine on purchase and yeah the 3rd function ready thing is marketing speak. $900 was what I paid for mine. Haven't used it yet but wanted it just in case. Buy once cry once as they say

/ TYM 494 3rd function remote #9  
I had the 3rd added to mine on purchase and yeah the 3rd function ready thing is marketing speak. $900 was what I paid for mine. Haven't used it yet but wanted it just in case. Buy once cry once as they say
Yes just getting the kit sent to me now .