Buying Advice Trident tractors in OZ

/ Trident tractors in OZ #1  

AJinOZ

Tractor
Mitsubishi D2350FD
Hi all
Long shot here but has anyone got or heard for Trident brand in OZ.
Been looking at the 40HP or 55HP just wanted to know if anyone in OZ (or anywhere) has one.
Both look good on paper just looking for feedback re performance and parts etc.

Attachments

• TRIDENT 40HP.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 626
  • TRIDENT 55HP.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 453
   / Trident tractors in OZ #2  
I recognize the model numbers. You can buy one on Alibaba. Chinese made.

If you were in the US I'd recommend not going down this road as most importers end up being fly-by-night, even unintentionally, and there's enough old iron laying around for those who can't afford a new Japanese or Korean machine. I don't know enough about OZ to say if that's the case there. Parts availability could be problematic as well.

55hp 4wd 554 Cheap Farm Tractor With 4 In 1 Bucket - Buy Cheap Farm Tractor,Cheap Farm Tractor,Cheap Farm Tractor For Sale Product on Alibaba.com

/ Trident tractors in OZ #3  
The trident tractors are made in China and are a copy of current models that have been selling in Australia for over 20 years. The Trident 554 is very similar to the Foton 504 and Enfly 554.
Foton appears to have stopped trading in Australia but Enfly has been selling for over 15 years and is supported by AgKing in Australia.

Trident is sold by Nicholas Machinery in Australia which is managed by new owners who are new to the industry. I say this because when I looked at the website to view Trident I noticed that Nicholas Machinery claim to have designed and developed the Trident in Australia. This is false and misleading and should be reported to fair trading because even I can see that the trident is a re badge of current or older machines. We all know that these tractors originated out of Europe and so to claim you are the designer and developer in Australia is very unfair and wrong. We have just seen how difficult it was for Holden to maintain design and development in Australia so when you are an importer you should not claim to be the designer and developer because this is unfair on the real designers and developers who pay the extra cost to support design and development in Australia.

Another point I noticed on the Nicholas machinery website is they claim the frame of the tractor is heavy duty and somehow more special because of the extra weight. I have compared the Trident 554 weight and trident 904 weights with the likes of YTO, AGRISON and ENFLY and find them almost the same and that is because they are almost the same power train. The engines and some minor points of difference does not change the weight that much. From what I can make out the Trident tractors are a rework of current existing tractors.

I suggest that if Nicholas machinery is the genuine designer and developer they would have staff and facilities to show this, so why not ask them.

• Good Post
Reactions: pnp
   / Trident tractors in OZ #4  
Please don't buy a Trident tractor from Nicolas machinery PTY, South Australia. I brought a tractor 14 months ago new. All I have had is trouble. I did a clutch at 200 hours, they would not replace it under warranty, even though my mechanic said it was faulty. Many other problems, parts breaking, falling off etc. Too many to problems to mention. The after service is nil, I ring no answer, I leave messages no reply. Really bad service. My implements have all broken within 12 months, very poor quality, now junk laying around my farm.

/ Trident tractors in OZ #5  
Please don't buy a Trident tractor from Nicolas machinery PTY, South Australia. I brought a tractor 14 months ago new. All I have had is trouble. I did a clutch at 200 hours, they would not replace it under warranty, even though my mechanic said it was faulty. Many other problems, parts breaking, falling off etc. Too many to problems to mention. The after service is nil, I ring no answer, I leave messages no reply. Really bad service. My implements have all broken within 12 months, very poor quality, now junk laying around my farm.

I hear this about many chinese tractors and chinese tractor dealers. Once you purchase, You are pretty much on your own

/ Trident tractors in OZ #6  
Hi it's Terry from Nicola's Machinery. I checked our system record but did not find any 200 hours clutch faulty report & all others problems you mentioned. Can you pls leave your name or purchase invoice number
here so I can check it for you and arrange our service mechanic to contact you on Monday. You can also go to our website to lodge the faulty report.

We always have our business number (08 7228 6817) or Mobile number (0404 933 004) availbale during working hours and I am sure if you called those numbers you would get answers or message reply :)
Pls spend quality time on the correct channel rather than wasting time here because you won't have any one contact you if I did not see this :)

/ Trident tractors in OZ #7  

Hi it's Terry from Nicola's Machinery. I checked our system record but did not find any 200 hours clutch faulty report & all others problems you mentioned. Can you pls leave your name or purchase invoice number here so I can check it for you and arrange our service mechanic to contact you on Monday. You can also go to our website to lodge the faulty report.

We always have our business number (08 7228 6817) or Mobile number (0404 933 004) availbale during working hours and I am sure if you called those numbers you would get answers or message reply
Pls spend quality time on the correct channel rather than wasting time here because you won't have any one contact you if I did not see this :)

/ Trident tractors in OZ #9  
IMG_5576.jpeg