Transferring photos - computer to iPhone

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I have an Apple computer - it has Bluetooth. The computer OS - Catalina 10.15.7. I have an Apple iPhone - it has Bluetooth. The cell phone OS - 14.5. I have two digital cameras. I load photos from the cameras to the computer. I fire up both the computer & cell phone and enable Bluetooth on both. When I try the transfer I get a message - the device lacks the necessary services.

How do you transfer photos from your computer to your cell phone?

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #2  
I have an Apple computer - it has Bluetooth. The computer OS - Catalina 10.15.7. I have an Apple iPhone - it has Bluetooth. The cell phone OS - 14.5. I have two digital cameras. I load photos from the cameras to the computer. I fire up both the computer & cell phone and enable Bluetooth on both. When I try the transfer I get a message - the device lacks the necessary services.

I don't have any idea but......i have a similar problem and in my case i believe it's apple playing their games. They have a long and well documented history of stroking their customers.

Apple will not sync my phone to ipad or vice versa because i refuse to buy more of their cloud. If i take a photo out in the woods etc with my i phone and want to post that pic.....I must send the pic to myself from my i phone and then receive it on my ipad.

I know enough about this stuff to know that my i phone can sync to the ipad without going thru their cloud.

I'm going to withhold my editorial comments re Apple except to say, it's amazing to me how so many people worship these companies...... as much as i dispise them.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #3  
Maybe you guys are saying this with different terms but I just hit the "Share" icon, select the photo to share, and select "AirDrop". iPhone then shows the available devices nearby and I select my iPad button.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #4  
On my Android phone, the USB cable will not work for file transfer, for some reason. I use an app called "Send Anywhere" to transfer files and it works really well. It is also available for the Apple phones.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #5  
Photos will sync via USB/Lightning cable without iCloud. Or even WiFi.

If you have more than the free 5GB iCloud quota then just move the extra out of your Mac's default photo library into a secondary library. Plenty of websites tell you how. Then iCloud will magically sync once again.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone
Thanks to all. Several solutions that I can try. I will post my results. None of the photos on my computer are that unique. I could affect a solution for all, take the pic with the iPhone, but about six. Of course, those are the ones I want to transfer.

Well - it's been accomplished. Five photos transferred from my computer to my cell phone. I hooked the two together with a USB cable and followed the steps outlined on an Apple web site. Downloaded one new software pkg - upgraded another. Three new passwords - two new security codes. Marched thru innumerable drop down menus. I, honestly, can not imagine a scenario where I will got thru this level of BS - ever again.

I felt like I was asking to transfer the launch codes for the Starwars ballistic missile inventory.

Oh, well - its done.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #8  

I think you may need to have both WIFI and Bluetooth turned on on both of the devices for that to work. It you haven't already, give it a try.

Thanks Moss. I would give it a try - except out here there is no such thing as WiFi. The cell phone signal is one or two bars at best and right now the heavy cloud cover is giving HughesNet the fits. AND I know just enough about Bluetooth, WiFi & the Cloud to really get my shorts in a twist.

/ Transferring photos - computer to iPhone #10  
I'd think the easiest way is to send yourself an email with the picture right in it or as an attachment.