Attaching Photos & Files to TBN Messages

/ Attaching Photos & Files to TBN Messages #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
Below is a real basic tutorial on how I attach photos to a message. TBN has a very sophisticated Attachment and File Upload Manager and it can be a bear to figure out the first time. So here is a very basic method; there are lots of nuances and tricks to be learned, but this will allow you to attach photos - or any type of file - to a TBN message. I posted this in a message to a newcomer and maybe here it can help others. Feel free to modify as needed, as I am sure there are variations that could work better. This is just one simple method that always works for me.
rScotty

1. To attach a photo to a message you have written in the Reply box, first write your message, and then go down to the bottom of the box where it gives three options: Post Quick Reply, Go Advanced, or Cancel.

2. Chose "Go Advanced", and you will see a box holding a Preview of your message looking just as it would be posted. You cannot edit your message in that box, but right beneath the Preview is another box labeled Your Message showing yet another copy of your same message but in a format which allows you to edit it. And most importantly, one of the editing things you can do now is you can attach photos or files to your message.

3. Now look a bit farther down the page beneath your edited message until you see an area labeled "Additional Options". To add a file or photo you first click on "Manage Attachments".

Clicking on "Manage Attachments" has opened yet another box called a "File Upload Manager". Look to the upper right corner where you will see a green circle with a plus sign in it that is labeled "Add Files". Click on this circle.

4. Yet another box opens! This one has the option to "Choose Files" which you now select by clicking on it. As soon as you do, it will automatically take you to the directory of your computer where you can then select whichever files or photos you want to include beneath your TBN message. Select one photo or file or as many as you want. Each one that is selected turns blue on my computer (a Mac). When you've selected all the photos you want, go to the bottom of the directory box that you are in where you have an option to "Cancel" or "Choose". Pick "Choose".

5. By picking "Choose" you got instantly transported back to the "File Upload Manager" where you were before, but notice that there is a slight difference: The sub box on the right top where you last selected "Choose Files is now open"...... That's all normal, but since you have already chosen the files you want, this time you click on "Upload".

6. When you clicked on "Upload", you will see a thumbnail size copy of the file you have selected automatically appear in the "File Upload Manager" in the lower left area labed "Attachments" .
You are almost done....just go over to the right and click on the box that says "Done".

7. After clicking "Done" you are now transported back to the original message you were going to post but if you go down the page and look under "Attachments" you will notice that the name of your file is included. If you now go over to the right of the page you will see a choice to either "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post". I use "Preview Post" which allows me to take a look at my reply just as it will appear, or edit it more, or even change/add more attachments.

8. If you like what you see, click on "Submit Reply" and your message with file/photo attached will appear in TBN.
If at any point in this process TBN chokes and gives you an error message I just ignore it and continue on to Preview Post again - which seems to somehow take care of the error.

9. For a discussion of more advanced posting methods, there is an ongoing TBN forum where there are other explanations and methods of attaching everything from Photos to Videos to your TBN posts. It is in the Community forum under sub-heading:
"Photos".
The complete URL is:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ml#post1220148

10. Hopefully this helps to get newcomers over the photo posting hump,
and may your tractor run perfectly forever !

Enjoy, rScotty

/ Attaching Photos & Files to TBN Messages #2  
That is much more complicated than how I do it.

1) Drag whatever photo/diagram/chart you want to attach out onto your desktop
2) Bottom left - click "Reply to Thread"
3) Type reply into open box
4) Go to top menu bar and click third icon from right( insert image)
5) Be sure the "from computer" is highlighted - click choose file - click desktop - click file - click open - click upload
6) The picture/diagram/chart/whatever will attach to your post
7) Down at the bottom - click "Post Quick Reply"

Your reply will post with the attachment. Different strokes for different folks.

View attachment 601373

/ Attaching Photos & Files to TBN Messages #3  
And then if you want it larger so it can be viewed without clicking on it,,, double click the pic, then select what size you prefer.