Trailer

/ Trailer #11  
joseywales

When I purchased my 7000 lbs trailer last year. One of the items that were mentioned to me is that Landscape trailers may not have ramps and bed that are heavy enough to support a 36 HP tractor with a FEL. Especially if the bed and ramp is made of mesh. For the trip to pickup the tractor you could get some 2 X 10's or 12's that tractor sets on while loading and being tied down.

/ Trailer #12  
joseywales
Out of shear nosiness and curiosity on my part and by no means trying to ridicule your purchase decision.
How much $ do you feel you saved buy buying where yu did ?
A 10 / 12 hour drive seems a LONG way to travel for a tractor. For me anyway.

FLASH !! A thought just popped into my head. Maybe you meant 10 /12 for "round" trip.
Still. A 5/ 6 hour drive 1 way to me is alot.
I would have to have saved $5k on my tractor for me to be willing to travel that far to pick it up.
I am just curious as to your thoughts and in what you purcased for a tractor, your original post didn't say.

/ Trailer #13  
Yeah, he said round trip in his original post....

But you must save 5K to make it worth while??

I'd do a long one day trip for a few hundred if I didn't have to stay overnight anywhere. 5K is a few months pay for a lot of folks. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Trailer
I think the trip will be worthwhile...I'm saving about 10k! That is IF the people are still willing to sell at the price they mentioned to a friend several moths ago. I am afraid they will realize what they have and back out. I'll give more details later.

/ Trailer #15  
Regarding your gate...

I have a 18' 7000# car trailer with ramps that would hold a car ok. The FIRST time I drove the tractor on those ramps the rear tires bent the ramps like they were noodles. This was with my L3130, BB and FEL. I had to get them straightened and re-inforced before taking the tractor back off the trailer again.

That gate will not hold unless you block up every inch of it.

/ Trailer #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'd do a long one day trip for a few hundred )</font>

That's what I was thinking, David. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know I've got a lot more time than money.

/ Trailer #17  
Heck, I guess it's all relative.... I buy some things that seem frivolous to others, so whatever you want to do, go ahead and do it if you have the means....

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just getting over the shock of the $$$ we handed out over Christmas! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You can have my wallet when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MossRoad = tightwad!

Heck, moss is growing on my wallet! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Trailer #18  
I know that feeling xK dollars for X-mas. This year we kept it under a grand after the house, shop, land etc.. there wasn't much left...LOL!

Of course the diamond earings I bought today for half off doesn't figure in to that. She'll get those tonight, if I'm lucky I'll get something in return /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Trailer #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Heck, I guess it's all relative.... I buy some things that seem frivolous to others, so whatever you want to do, go ahead and do it if you have the means....

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just getting over the shock of the $$$ we handed out over Christmas! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You can have my wallet when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)</font>

remember it will be your best friends that will be the last ones to let you down.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif !!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( MossRoad = tightwad!

Heck, moss is growing on my wallet! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

I saw that nickel that you have.... it was covered in Buffalo dung and the wallet had moths flying out of it when it came out of your pocket.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif